Using Quinoa/Buckwheat flour instead of Quinoa/Buckwheat

Amateur1

Local time
11:37 AM
My son likes the taste of this recipe, but not the texture. Recipe - Quinoa Chocolate Porridge 2
If I were to substitute Quinoa / Buckwheat flour for Quinoa / Buckwheat, what other changes should I make eg the amount of water and cooking time?

Quinoa Chocolate Porridge 2

Ingredients
(experiment with ingredients in red). Easier to get the ingredients listed in blue ready before starting. Put them in a bowl. Make sure there are no clumps eg if using brown sugar. Suggestion: Stir the powder to mix it all through then add tahina. Add vanilla extract at the end.
This is the latest version which is slightly different to Recipe - Quinoa Chocolate Porridge 2
I find a bit less water intensifies the flavour.

83 g white quinoa raw (1 500g packet divided into 6) or split with buckwheat
360 ml water
18g dark chocolate
27g cacao powder
20g of sugar.
12g Truvia
12g smoked paprika
12g macaroot powder
2 tsp engevita
0.25 tsp salt
Up to 1 tsp each of wattle, cumin, coriander, sumac, ginger, cinnamon, mild chilli - optionals
13g Tahina
0.25 tsp Vanilla extract

Instructions

Boil the quinoa until it’s bubbling vigorously then simmer the quinoa in water for 16 minutes
Switch off gas and leave for about 30 seconds to let it cool slightly.
Add dark chocolate and stir until it has melted.
Add remaining ingredients (listed in blue), melted tahina and vanilla extract
Stir vigorously. Ideally it will all combine together like dough.
Cover and leave for about 1 minute before serving, so vanilla extract can suffuse the rest.

To be honest, the only things that spring to mind are extra water, no idea how much though, and less cooking time. You won't need to cook it for as long to cook it all the way through. I'd hazard a guess at around half the cooking time but I might be way off. It's just a guess.

Back
Top Bottom