Recipe Vegetable Pakoras with Coriander (cilantro) Dipping Sauce

murphyscreek

Veteran
Local time
5:45 AM
P1050314fb.jpg

Hi guys. Was asked in the what I ate today thread if I could post the recipe for these. I didn't follow a proper recipe, but can give the rough ingredient amounts and method I used. Of course, you can use any veges you might have at hand. I made enough for about two good serves. So here goes...

PAKORAS
Red Capsicum (thinly sliced) 3/4 cup
Zuchinni (courgette..thinly sliced including peel) 3/4 cup
Red Onion (thinly sliced) 1/2 a large one
Cauliflower (broken in to small 1cm pieces) 3/4 cup
Green Chillis (thinly sliced) 6
Approx. 1 cup besan (chickpea flour)
Approx 1/4 cup corn flour (corn starch)
Garam Masala 2 teaspoon
Tumeric 1 teaspoon
Chilli Powder 1 teaspoon (to taste)
Garlic Cloves (grated) 6
Ginger (grated) 1 tablespoon
Salt to taste

Mix all ingredients (except the flours) in a bowl by hand slightly squeezing vegetables in the process to release any liquid in the vegetables. Then add the flours, and then some water if needed to make a thickish batter. Amount of water varies depending how much fluid comes out of the vegetables. Then deep fry in medium heat vegetable oil about a dessert spoon at a time for 2-3 minutes, turning once. Drain on absorbent paper.

CORIANDER (Cilantro) DIPPING SAUCE/CHUTNEY

Coriander (large bunch) roughly chopped, stems included
Fresh Mint 1 handful
Garlic 1 clove
Juice of 2 small lemons
Salt 1 teaspoon
Sugar 1 teaspoon

Place all ingredients in food processor or blender and whizz them up.

I did actually video and upload making this to YouTube yesterday, but am not on here to promote my channel. Even though it's the World's smallest channel with only thirty subscribers of family and close (loyal) friends. Haha. But am acutely aware that this forum is not to be used for self promotion regardless. Cheers, and if you try these let me know how they turned out.

Thank you for posting. I will certainly try the recipe out when I get home where I have some besan flour (I'm away at the moment staying with a friend). I just love the colours. I note that its also vegan (I added a vegan tag)!

Thanks for that... being new only just saw there was a vegan thread above. Maybe should have posted there... the recipe is also gluten free, which my sister is and she is going to try this too. The coriander sauce was a delicious accompaniment!!

This looks amazing and - best of all - not too hard to make.

If you want, you can post the video link here by selecting the Media button:
Capture.JPG

And, you can share your channel link if you want by adding it to your signature (which I did with my food blog). You can add a signature by clicking your username at the top of the page, and adding the link to the Signature section.

View attachment 22916
And, you can share your channel link if you want by adding it to your signature (which I did with my food blog). You can add a signature by clicking your username at the top of the page, and adding the link to the Signature section.

I think members have to have made a certain number of posts to do that. @SatNavSaysStraightOn would know.

View attachment 22916

Oh... okkk. I didn't think it would be cool to post a link. Anyway, is a very small and amateur channel, as you'll see if you watch this. But it's all about the love of delicious food!!

They look lovely. I make onion pakoras a lot (I bash the chopped onions with a wooden spoon to get some liquid out.) I'll follow your lead and experiment with other vegetables.

I think members have to have made a certain number of posts to do that. @SatNavSaysStraightOn would know.
Yes they do . But I prefer not to discuss it on an open area of the forum because non-legit members can read what our current requirements are . Behind a PM is fine if @murphyscreek wishes to know .

Oh... okkk. I didn't think it would be cool to post a link. Anyway, is a very small and amateur channel, as you'll see if you watch this. But it's all about the love of delicious food!!

I don't mind if it is discrete and has to do with the topic in hand, and it's fine if it's asked for, or is part of a recipe to clarify something, but not when it's a watch the video to replace writing out instructions . You can always use the report button and report your own post and ask if it is ok to post if you're unsure . Using report is better because that way it goes to all moderators rather than just the one or two you've remembered, or myself who doesn't always have internet access living on satellite broadband. It can be a tad flaky at times to day the least and if it goes down (like last weekend for 2 days ) we have no alternative easily available unless we go out.

Yes they do . But I prefer not to discuss it on an open area of the forum because non-legit members can read what our current requirements are . Behind a PM is fine if @murphyscreek wishes to know .

I don't mind if it is discrete and has to do with the topic in hand, and it's fine if it's asked for, or is part of a recipe to clarify something, but not when it's a watch the video to replace writing out instructions . You can always use the report button and report your own post and ask if it is ok to post if you're unsure . Using report is better because that way it goes to all moderators rather than just the one or two you've remembered, or myself who doesn't always have internet access living on satellite broadband. It can be a tad flaky at times to day the least and if it goes down (like last weekend for 2 days ) we have no alternative easily available unless we go out.

Thanks for clarifying.... that all makes sense.

Thanks for clarifying.... that all makes sense.
The one thing I forgot to mention is that the new sub-forum Food Photography and Food Blogging is the one place where that doesn't apply. In there you can write a new thread with a bio on yourself, raise anything to do with your food blog or photography and are free to link to your blog or back to YouTube channel as much as you want. In fact it is the one area where you can push your blog (food and drink related only though ) and raise points of food or drink photography as much as you want, just start a new thread each time you start a new topic. Hope that classified things.

This was very helpful! I wasn’t totally sure what you meant about mixing the vegetables with your hands, but I can see clearly in the video. And, I see you also have the same type of immersion blender set up that I do: I use that mini food processor quite a lot!

This was very helpful! I wasn’t totally sure what you meant about mixing the vegetables with your hands, but I can see clearly in the video. And, I see you also have the same type of immersion blender set up that I do: I use that mini food processor quite a lot!

The misleading thing in that video is I edited the processing of the chutny a bit to save overall time length of the vid, but accidently looks like it takes seconds to blend when it actually took a minute or two.

And yes, I love my mini processor too!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom