Veggie chips

pastawaaay

Local time
8:12 PM
Does anyone know how to make crispy veggie chips without any oil? I've tried multiple methods - baking, air frying etc but all don't seem to work very well, not sure why. When I cook them they just get very shrivelled up and at most burnt, but they don't get crispy :(

Does anyone know how to make crispy veggie chips without any oil? I've tried multiple methods - baking, air frying etc but all don't seem to work very well, not sure why. When I cook them they just get very shrivelled up and at most burnt, but they don't get crispy :(
I think oil is the key.

It depends on what your definition of a veggie crisp actually is.

To me, it isn't a potato chip/crisp type thing dried in oil.

It's dehydrated and for that you need a dehydrator.

We make loads of fruit crisps or fruit chips (similar in concept to banana chips) when our fruit trees are laden and there's a glut. We're still eating through plum crisps and pear crisps. I can do the same with suitable veggies that don't have to be cooked. Courgette crisps are great, so are beetroot and one or two others we've tried.

I found this photo from a previous year.
16797954107142101405490622550638.jpg

Back
Top Bottom