Veggie Noodle Spiralizer thingie?

detroitdad

Legendary Member
Local time
5:47 AM
Were looking to start turning some veggies into noodles. Any spiralizer (or whatever their called) recommendations?

Hand operated vs motor?

I'm looking for products that you have actually used.

Thanks,

B

If you have a Kitchen Aid mixer, their spiralizer attachment is GREAT. It makes wide and skinny spirals, 2 or 3 sizes each, don't remember exactly but there's 4 or 5 blades. It's kind of pricy, but works very, very well, even on hard veges like butternut squash.

I have one that looks pretty much identical to this one:
paderno-spiralizer-3-blade-o.jpg

Sorry...no idea what brand it is, I inherited it from my mum when she was cleaning our her cupboards :happy: Its something I've always wanted for the novelty but never thought it'd be worth spending money on. And I was right actually......I've used it a handful of times, it works well enough but I'm glad I didn't spend any money on it.

Neither of us like courgettes so I'll never be using it for the famous courgetti. I've mostly used it for potatoes: thick spiralised potatoes for curly fries, and thin ones for rösti (works much better than using grated potatoes!) but not much else really. It does those jobs very well and, for that reason only, I'll be keeping in the back of the cupboard for the next time I want to make them.

Back
Top Bottom