Recipe Venus black rice with cauliflower cream

MypinchofItaly

Forum GOD!
Local time
10:30 AM
Website
mypinchofitaly.co.uk
Venus rice is a whole black rice originated from China but is also cultivated in Piemonte (mainly Vercelli city) and in the valley of Tirso in Sardegna (Oristano city).

Generally matches with fish or vegetables, I wanted to try with cauliflower and smoked bacon too. If you have a dinner and want to surprise someone, the Venus black rice lends yourself very cool!

Serves 2, Preparation time 10 minutes, Cooking time 20 minutes

• 180 g. Venere black rice
  • 1 white cauliflower
  • 80 g. packet smoked bacon
  • Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) to taste
  • a knob of butter
  • salt to taste
  • black ground pepper to taste
Method

Cook cauliflower whole or split into pieces.

Add some salt to the water and bring it to boil, just after boiling, dipping the cauliflower inside the pot. Boil the cauliflower until it becomes tender. Do not cover the pot with the lid, otherwise the cauliflower will become greyish. Usually it cooks in 8-10 minutes, depends on the size of cauliflower and according personal taste. To be sure it is well cooked, use a knife : if the knife affects it easily, it's ready and then drip with a skimmer (do not throw the cooking water).

Put boiled cauliflower in a mixer, add a little of cooking water, a knob of butter and mix until you obtained a smooth cream.

In a frying pan add a little EVOO and brown the bacon for a few minutes until it becomes crispy. Now add the cauliflower cream, a pinch of black pepper and flavour together. If the cream is too dry, add some cooking water.
In the same pot we have boiled the cauliflower, put the black rice to cook. When ready, drain it and add it to the frying pan with bacon and cauliflower cream, mix well the ingredients, add some more cooking water if needed and serve up.

Black Venus rice.jpg

Venus rice is a whole black rice originated from China but is also cultivated in Piemonte (mainly Vercelli city) and in the valley of Tirso in Sardegna (Oristano city).

Generally matches with fish or vegetables, I wanted to try with cauliflower and smoked bacon too. If you have a dinner and want to surprise someone, the Venus black rice lends yourself very cool!

Serves 2, Preparation time 10 minutes, Cooking time 20 minutes

• 180 g. Venere black rice
  • 1 white cauliflower
  • 80 g. packet smoked bacon
  • Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) to taste
  • a knob of butter
  • salt to taste
  • black ground pepper to taste
Method

Cook cauliflower whole or split into pieces.

Add some salt to the water and bring it to boil, just after boiling, dipping the cauliflower inside the pot. Boil the cauliflower until it becomes tender. Do not cover the pot with the lid, otherwise the cauliflower will become greyish. Usually it cooks in 8-10 minutes, depends on the size of cauliflower and according personal taste. To be sure it is well cooked, use a knife : if the knife affects it easily, it's ready and then drip with a skimmer (do not throw the cooking water).

Put boiled cauliflower in a mixer, add a little of cooking water, a knob of butter and mix until you obtained a smooth cream.

In a frying pan add a little EVOO and brown the bacon for a few minutes until it becomes crispy. Now add the cauliflower cream, a pinch of black pepper and flavour together. If the cream is too dry, add some cooking water.
In the same pot we have boiled the cauliflower, put the black rice to cook. When ready, drain it and add it to the frying pan with bacon and cauliflower cream, mix well the ingredients, add some more cooking water if needed and serve up.

View attachment 10522
Wow! Bella ricetta Fiorenza!
I love Venus rice and I normally use it to prepare risotto with fish. I will try this version!

Wow! Bella ricetta Fiorenza!
I love Venus rice and I normally use it to prepare risotto with fish. I will try this version!

Hi Dear @Sandra,
grazie mille! Mi fa piacere ti piaccia! I'm glad you like it. Give it a try and enjoy. Venus black rice is very versatile !
Oh is so odd to read my real name instead of MyPinchofitaly :happy:
Ciao e buona serata :wave:
Have a nice evening

Are you two friends in real life or something? :)

I am thinking of how to use my Venus black rice. Its in the pull out larder... and every time I pull out the larder, there it is staring at me!

View attachment 11512
Are you two friends in real life or something? :)

I am thinking of how to use my Venus black rice. Its in the pull out larder... and every time I pull out the larder, there it is staring at me!

View attachment 11512

It says "cook me @morning glory, I'm a good guy" :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom