Vietnamese food

Corzhens

Veteran
Local time
11:26 PM
I was in Vietnam this weekend and we tried to have Vietnam food in all our meals there. For breakfast, we had the sweet white steamed bread and siomai - a beef and pork mix that is cooked in ball-like shape. But the best I had tasted was their noodles with soup. The white noodles are complemented by bean sprouts so you cannot distinguish what you are eating. And Vietnamese just love green vegetables so expect a topping of sliced lettuce and bok choy. I still prefer American or Continental dishes but for an experience, Vietnamese food is fine.

I went to Ho Chi Minh City for a vacation a few years ago - and I really enjoyed Vietnam. I agree that their Pho soup noodles are amazing - I still crave them now. There are a couple of Vietnamese restaurants here where I live, but I feel like I just can't get the same authenticity as I did when I was there. I'd love to go back to Vietnam and see the north like Halong Bay and the Nha Trang area. Where abouts in Vietnam did you visit, Corzhens?

I wish I could have visited Vietnam to have a taste of their authentic streetfood. Yes I am more interested with streetfood. I see those lovely little places on the streets with small seats where people go and do not even bother that they are outside eating on a busy cramp street. For me that would be quite an adventure.

Vietnam is on our list of places to go, I love to try different cuisines and the best way is to go the country itself.
We have been to the Maldives and had curry for breakfast, Thailand twice and had dumplings and Thai curry for breakfast :hungry:

I have had Vietnamese food here at a local restaurant which is run by a place from Vietnam and the food was quite good. However I would love to go to Vietnam and test out their authentic street food also.I agree with Bakemehappy, that would be really quite the adventure. I don't see it ever happening but I can always dream.

I've had homemade Vietnamese food (made by someone born there), and also from restaurants here. I loved them both, and both tasted pretty much the same, since the owners of the Vietnamese restaurants are from there. It's one of my favorite foods. I love Chinese (Chinese American) food, but it's heavier, and so I prefer Vietnamese, because it's lighter and feels and tastes healthier.

I went to Ho Chi Minh City for a vacation a few years ago - and I really enjoyed Vietnam. I agree that their Pho soup noodles are amazing - I still crave them now. There are a couple of Vietnamese restaurants here where I live, but I feel like I just can't get the same authenticity as I did when I was there. I'd love to go back to Vietnam and see the north like Halong Bay and the Nha Trang area. Where abouts in Vietnam did you visit, Corzhens?

We stayed in Grand Hotel Saigon that is in District 1 where some city sights are scattered. Our first walk was to the cathedral where we passed by the Opera House. That's where I had my first taste of Pho for lunch before we went back to the hotel. There was the zoo and some other interesting places particularly the statue of Ho Chi Minh. But the best place for me is the Ben Than market where fruits are abundant. We feasted on sugar apple and Thai lanzones.

Back
Top Bottom