Vintage Recipe Books

@Elawin

I thought this was very interesting as well .. Many British people had risked their lives to save Jewish children from the "Nazi Ghettos" .. And as a matter of fact, a man recently passed on at the age of 104 years old, who was committed to saving these children. He succeeded and he hid all the documents and forged Passports for these children .. Upon his death, family members found all these documents and photographs. This was in 1942 - 1944 .. He attended an award ceremony before he passed away and the people at the ceremony, were the children he saved ( 700 - 1,000 of them ).
He cried at the ceremony, it was highly emotional as he never expected this ..

I have forgotten his name however, I just recently read this in a Spanish publication ..

Well, off for now ..
I must be up 6am as I shall be returning home tomorrow ..
Have a lovely evening ..

@bluejeanbaby

I highly recommend that you watch the Video on You Tube. It is truly amazingly astounding ..

I am a real history buff and was so totally emotionalised by his incredible deeds ..

Have a lovely day ..

Great topic!
I was the lucky one in my family who received all of my mom's cookbooks and pamphlets (the later are sorted by subject and in binders) when she passed.
Her collection included every book and handwritten recipe from her mom and her mom's mom and so on and so forth (you get the idea).
One of the strangest IMO is the first Crisco (a brand of solid shortening) pamphlet ...
Crisco is made with vegetable oil and the reasoning behind this awful advice was that you would get all your recommended portions of veggies in.
Crazy...

Great topic!
I was the lucky one in my family who received all of my mom's cookbooks and pamphlets (the later are sorted by subject and in binders) when she passed.
Her collection included every book and handwritten recipe from her mom and her mom's mom and so on and so forth (you get the idea).
One of the strangest IMO is the first Crisco (a brand of solid shortening) pamphlet ...
Crisco is made with vegetable oil and the reasoning behind this awful advice was that you would get all your recommended portions of veggies in.
Crazy...

I didn't finish the story...sorry flash floods on the brain lol.
The Crisco people recommended eating a spoonful of their product everyday to get the veg servings in.
Nice thought but no thanks lol.

Back
Top Bottom