Recipe Virginia Ham Egg Cups

You could finish them outside of the oven in a deep baking dish filled with hot water. They won't look crispy though.

Or prepare the eggs like scrambled eggs, put them inside the cups, when they started to get solid. They just have to get solid enough, so you can take em out. Might be good when the oven is off and the door open

There was a basic problem from the start. The muffin/bun tins weren't big enough for the ingredients. Chicken eggs would have been better but I didn't have any. To add to that, one of the yolks broke when I was decanting it into the ham cup and then the eggs became overcooked. I used the halogen oven for the two stages (melting the cheese and solidifying the egg white) so I could keep mt eye on them during the processes but I failed.

Next time I shall use ramekins which are larger and should work better. I may even try cooking the eggs in two stages, first the white then add the yolk later. I can see me using a lot of eggs and ham before I get this right.

Looks wonderful to me. I'd love those ramekins for mini puds. Where did you get them?

Looks wonderful to me. I'd love those ramekins for mini puds. Where did you get them?

I'm not sure where we bought them, although it was likely our local Robinson's Superstore. It must only have been 3 or so years ago because I bought 4 to fit in our halogen oven which they only just do at the lower level.

I'm not sure where we bought them, although it was likely our local Robinson's Superstore. It must only have been 3 or so years ago because I bought 4 to fit in our halogen oven which they only just do at the lower level.

A "tight" fit.

Back
Top Bottom