WARNING!!; Instant Pot Recall!!

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
6:06 PM
Instant Pot..jpg 2.jpg

Instant Pot 3.jpg

This appliance is presently on recall! I will find a link for it., The outside bottom melts when using it. Found out about this on another cooking forum. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
You welcome!! Me too!! My sister-in-law has one. She was trying to get ME to buy one. Glad that I didn't!! I told her to check on it while in use, and to be on the lookout for any strange odors.

Last edited:
The unit in question, so far, is a straight-shot slow cooker-only unit. Not the multi pressure cooker model. :wink:

Thanks for the head's up :okay:
The unit in question, so far, is a straight-shot slow cooker-only unit. Not the multi pressure cooker model. :wink:
I thought the picture looked a little funny....I've never seen an Instant Pot like that before! According to this article it sounds like that particular model was only available at Walmart so that probably explains why I've never heard of it or seen it on their website.
My sister-in-law has one. She was trying to get ME to buy one.
I'll join your sister-in-law and tell you to get one (the normal pressure cooker version that is!) Its the best kitchen appliance I've ever bought - I use it at least weekly, if not more often. In fact I'm just off now to put dinner in it to slow cook ready for tonight :okay: My mum got one based on my recommendation - she loves her's too. In fact I've never met anyone who regretted buying one.

Thanks for the head's up :okay:
I thought the picture looked a little funny....I've never seen an Instant Pot like that before! According to this article it sounds like that particular model was only available at Walmart so that probably explains why I've never heard of it or seen it on their website.
I'll join your sister-in-law and tell you to get one (the normal pressure cooker version that is!) Its the best kitchen appliance I've ever bought - I use it at least weekly, if not more often. In fact I'm just off now to put dinner in it to slow cook ready for tonight :okay: My mum got one based on my recommendation - she loves her's too. In fact I've never met anyone who regretted buying one.

She HAS the pressure cooker one. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom