Wayside vending

I believe people need to have permits to set up and sell here too. At least I know that this applies to flea markets. There is a charge attached to it, and the sellers then have to try to get enough of their stuff sold to make back the money which they spent to set up their stalls in the first place, and then to make a profit on what they sell. People who set up and sell food from vans or trucks must also have food licences to do so.

Oh yeah we have a lot of those in my area. They're part of an underground economy because they aren't issued business permits and such so I'd be careful about buying from roadsides too but yeah I think buying local produce is good if you want to help out your local farmers, neighbors and the like. I myself don't appreciate big businesses and such and would rather buy my fruits and vegetables from local markets. Just be wary of those who are not selling fresh produce like jams, fried food and the like.

The local farmers market and the street vendors are a different business set. The street vendors here make very good money and are regulated to some point by the local government and they are not everywhere. The street vendors are downtown, not as much as before and only in certain areas, they have purses, scarfs, sun glasses stuff like that. One day when I was working downtown it started to rain and I did not have an umbrella the street vendor made good money that day with the supply of umbrellas. I know people that have not been able to get a job or want to work for others have created their own jobs by being vendors.

Back
Top Bottom