Local time
7:30 PM
The bbq has been lit

IMG_20180701_174903_278.jpg

Will you be adding more charcoal?:bbq:

Whatcha cooking? :wink:

We started off with prawns in a sweet chilli marinade served on a bed of salad

20180701_184748.jpg

Followed by bbq lamb leg, no bone, and veggie kebabs all washed down with a jolly tasty cava

20180701_192253.jpg

20180701_192418.jpg

With garlic mayo obviously :wink:

Last edited:
We waited for the temperature to drop because our garden is a sun trap and today was another boiler of a day.

charcoal chimney speeds up getting the coals hot.

Prawns look delicious
The prawns are very easy, raw king prawns marinated in shop bought sweet chilli sauce. The sauce caramelises slightly in the short time the prawns take to cook through. The dressing is a mixture of sweet chilli sauce, fish sauce, rice vinegar and a pinch of sugar.

Nope, we cooked the butterflied lamb leg with the lid on, so we didn't need a huge fire, it was enough to cook the starter, and the veg and spud kebabs whilst the lamb rested.

Well done. I've run out of hot coals enough times to make sure there's too much.

The shrimp look deliciously easy, and nice job with the lamb.

OMG. How exciting!

SNAP!!!

We just bought a kettle BBQ & I took it for a test drive the weekend before last. First time with the heat beads. Aren’t they fun? Not. Thankfully I had a roaring wood fire going in the fire pit so I transferred coals across to give it a boost.

Cooked chicken wings, big fat jacket potatoes, corn cobs & a big chunk of beef rump.

First though I roasted red capsicums to bottle for pizza/sandwich/salads & a big fat eggplant for the best babaganoush ever.

How fun to find this thread. Your efforts look amazing. A lot more elegant than my own.

I’m going to do Korean this weekend I think. Not sure yet but I’ve loads of chicken & pork in the freezer already in marinade

Back
Top Bottom