We call em rissoles..

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
5:27 PM
what do you call them, we grew up with not a lot of money, mum raised us best as she could. We lived on cheap cuts of meat or offal. She used to make us rissoles with mash spud and peas about once a week.
Rissoles are
A pound of beef sausage meat
2 onions diced
Big squeeze if tomato sauce
About 2 tablespoons Worcester sauce, s and p
Mix by hand and form small patty sizes then roll in breadcrumbs and fry. I still love these to this day. My family also love them. I don't know where the name came from, I'm assuming England. In merica what would you call,them??
Ps, they are so yummy cold the next day.

Russ

what do you call them, we grew up with not a lot of money, mum raised us best as she could. We lived on cheap cuts of meat or offal. She used to make us rissoles with mash spud and peas about once a week.
Rissoles are
2 onions diced
Mix by hand and form small patty sizes then roll in breadcrumbs and fry. I still love these to this day. My family also love them. I don't know where the name came from, I'm assuming England. In merica what would you call,them??

Russ
@rascal
Beyond a doubt, we call them "hamburgers"! It has become the general name for any fried ground meat product containing any of a myriad of spices. impish

In China, there is a kind of food which seem like hamburgers. We call them "crisp meat"——I don't know if the transltion is right or not, and the chinese name is "Shu Rou". We mix some bread flour with some water, some salt and one or two eggs by hand so that it becomes pastes. We use fresh meat and cut it to be some thick pieces and mix some sauces, and then roll in the prepared bread pastes and fry it piece by piece.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rissoles are
2 onions diced

Russ

Sounds similar to flattened German or Danish meatballs, called frikadellen.

Edit to add: you've inspired me to make some with ground beef, and a side of spaetzle with green beans.

Last edited:
Rissoles are
2 onions diced

Russ

Is the meat ground? I've never heard of "beef sausage meat". When making sausage that calls for beef, I buy chuck and grind it myself.

It kinda sounds like a meatloaf patty but meatloaf has breadcrumbs inside not outside. Salisbury steak is breaded but no tomato sauce but is covered in gravy. I'm not sure if there is an american equivalent.

The beef is ground, like you would find in a sausage roll here. No flour and not a burger pattie. So no rissoles then?

Russ

Back
Top Bottom