Weather forecasts !!!!

Weather forecasting can be easier in some parts of the world than others. When I lived on the Red Sea coast, it was fairly safe to say that the next day (and the next and the next) would be very hot and very humid. When I lived in Cork, it was usually safe to predict that it would soon rain. Now that I live on the east coast of Scotland, it's more haphazard. You can get wind, rain and even a bit of sun at any time, sometimes all three at the same time.

We get the wind, rain and the sun at the same time here.

But Cork I can understand, It being the Rebel County.

Most people have lost their "weather eye" and have difficulty saying what it will do the same day.

Years ago, in my country, when a forecast was given for the following day, it was seldom accurate and would instead turn out to be the opposite to what they forecasted. So, I had lost faith in these forecasts. These days, however, when the weather forecast is given for the following day, it is pretty close to what they forecast. I don't know if they are using better equipment now. However, they are in the habit of forecasting for 4 days ahead, which never turns out the way they forecast, so I am not really in favour of the 4-day forecast. Weather can change so quickly from day to day. However, as we are into the hurricane season now, we have to pay closer attention to the forecasts since we are in the hurricane belt. So, it is always good to be prepared even though a lot of storms which seem headed for our doorstep, tend to change course and go elsewhere.

I am one to walk with my umbrella whenever i am leaving the house, no matter what the weather forecast says for that day. I always keep an umbrella handy. I have seen the day starting off sunny and bright, and then by afternoon, rain clouds build up.

Back
Top Bottom