Weekly Menu (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should have said vegetable lasagna with white sauce (bechamel), instead of tomato sauce. Not sure if I can post the picture, but if you Google Stouffer's vegetable lasagna the picture might give you a better idea.

Tonight is pheasant pot-roasted with apples and cider. The game season hasn't really started but there are several pheasants in my friend's freezer.
Weds: Something vegetarian
Thurs :Sous vide pork tenderloin, sage butter, mashed potatoes and something green
Fri: Curry - not sure what kind
Sat: Fish - whatever looks good on the market fish stall in Saffron Walden

I don't really expect I'll stick to the above - but its a sort of plan.

Now that the temperature has dropped a tiny bit, I'm getting in the mood for apples, pumpkins, and pears, oh my :)

Nathan's hot dogs and bratwursts with tater tots

Bulgogi, rice, Asian spinach, and seafood/scallion pancakes, plus some soju

Spicy peanut chicken with spozoodles (spiralized sweet potatoes and zucchini), it's a play on satay

Cheesy andouille pasta

Pho with filet mignon slices, baby bok choy, noodles and assorted mushrooms, with hot chile garnish

Roasted tomato soup with fennel, carrot, onion, and some kind of grilled cheese sammies

Swiss steak with mashies and green beans

I'm currently thinking of what to cook tomorrow without having to shop - Monday is far too far away.

Enchiladas sound good. I have frozen corn tortillas and some minced beef. I could make basic tomato sauce to include in an enchilada sauce. As is the norm, we always have an abundance of chilli peppers in the fridge.

My wife did find some large(ish) potatoes yesterday so they could be baked and stuffed for later.

Tops September 2 s.jpg

A beef burger should suffice for today.

If you plan weekly meals post them here. Link to a recipe if you've posted them here. Include sides if you wish.

September 7, 2018 to September 14, 2008.
Hamburger Stroganoff
Blackened Halibut Salad
Tamales
Cupcake Thighs
Tasso Pasta
Chicken Massaman Curry
Pork Tenderloin Schnitzel

My bad, we had changed our minds about the three mustard tenderloin.

I never plan Menu, because it depends on the family members mood's. So if i plan also its a big drop on me.

I never plan Menu, because it depends on the family members mood's. So if i plan also its a big drop on me.

That is why I put the first sentence in my original post. I know in some cultures, shopping for the evening meal is done on a daily basis.

Yes, I do like to plan at least several days ahead. However circumstances often lead to one days meal being swapped for another or completely cancelled and something quick and easy substituted.

Yesterday was Chili Con Carne.
Today, (Sunday) Roast Rolled Lamb Breast.
Monday, on late shift so left overs, possibly spare, spare ribs. Maybe left over chili.
Tuesday, Pollack Meuniere
Wednesday, Cornish Pasty (to use up some frozen swede)
Thursday, TBC

Yes, I do like to plan at least several days ahead. However circumstances often lead to one days meal being swapped for another or completely cancelled and something quick and easy substituted.

Yesterday was Chili Con Carne.
Today, (Sunday) Roast Rolled Lamb Breast.
Monday, on late shift so left overs, possibly spare, spare ribs. Maybe left over chili.
Tuesday, Pollack Meuniere
Wednesday, Cornish Pasty (to use up some frozen swede)
Thursday, TBC

Home made Cornish pasty. What a treat! Please post a photo if you can. Also the Pollack dish sounds interesting too.

September 28, 2018 through October 4, 2018.
Burgers and Fries
Dipped Chicken and Potato Salad
Roman Gnocchi with Veal Sauce
Ropa Vieja
Dutchess Quiche
Mojo Marinated Grilled Chicken, black beans, rice and maduros
We left one meal open and just got a new copy of BA magazine, so will probably do one of the recipes.

Tonight, at work on late shift so left overs, Chicken with Celery and Walnuts. I'll add one of my packet rice to it.
Monday, Sausages
Tuesday Sausages.
Wednesday Probably fillet of bream, not sure of recipe as yet.

In no particular order:

Parmesan and Panko-coated broiled scallops, and cranberry, walnut, feta, mixed greens salad with Dijon dressing on the side.

A Russian dish
Chebureki - Meat turnovers w dill sour cream using ground beef or lamb. Beet, goat cheese walnut, mixed greens salads.

http://girlandthekitchen.com/baked-chebureki-easy-russian-turnovers-with-meat/

Meatballs with chimichurri sauce and ricotta baked ziti.

Open-faced Skinny Chicken Cordon Bleu with grilled asparagus

https://keviniscooking.com/open-faced-chicken-cordon-bleu/

Tomato and tortellini soup and side salads?

Since I already mentioned baked beans, pork, and cornbread yesterday in the baked beans thread, perhaps Jack Daniel's ribs, cornbread and ??? undecided.

Last edited:
In no particular order:

Parmesan and Panko-coated broiled scallops, and cranberry, walnut, feta, mixed greens salad with Dijon dressing on the side.

A Russian dish
Chebureki - Meat turnovers w dill sour cream using ground beef or lamb. Beet, goat cheese walnut, mixed greens salads.

http://girlandthekitchen.com/baked-chebureki-easy-russian-turnovers-with-meat/

Meatballs with chimichurri sauce and ricotta baked ziti.

Open-faced Skinny Chicken Cordon Bleu with grilled asparagus

https://keviniscooking.com/open-faced-chicken-cordon-bleu/

Tomato and tortellini soup and side salads?

Since I already mentioned baked beans, pork, and cornbread yesterday in the baked beans thread, perhaps Jack Daniel's ribs, cornbread and ??? undecided.

An impressive array of dishes @Karen W!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom