Weekly Menu (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 2 meals we've already had:
Glazed tuna, wasabi mash, and ginger glazed carrots
Greek meatballs and pita, plus dolmades (which we forgot to defrost)

Plus
Moroccan beef kebabs plus curried coucous, raita, pita and charmoula
Cajun ranch dressing chicken salad with pecans and currants
Italians meatballs and pasta
Chicken vege soup
2 kinds of quesadillas with guacamole and pickled red onions

Haven't kept my weekly menu up, been a bit busy. I'll try to do better. :D
Will be Hot prawn vol au vent tonight and Ethiopian beef tomorrow. Sunday yet to be decided.

Well that went Pete Tong. Didn't do vol au vent as daughter came down and cooked instead, but brought down some uncharacteristically badly behaved grandchildren.

The Ethiopian beef was actually Cambodian beef. Doh!

Planning a week of eating from the freezer. We are far better at putting meals in the freezer than we are taking them out again, so it's getting a bit full. Last night we had fish pie, made and frozen two months ago. I'm off to see what I can find for tonight!

Planning a week of eating from the freezer. We are far better at putting meals in the freezer than we are taking them out again, so it's getting a bit full. Last night we had fish pie, made and frozen two months ago. I'm off to see what I can find for tonight!

Good idea. I must do the same as I suffer a similar problem. But that means cooking whats in the fridges first.

Found some lamb neck fillet in the freezer, so my wife made a lamb Madras curry using some curry paste she had made up last week. My only contribution was to sneak in some extra chilli powder when she wasn't looking!

We have a day off today and I feel a cooking extravaganza coming on. I am thinking surf 'n turf for lunch, so off to the market after breakfast to buy some steak and some monkfish tail for scampi, to serve with a light salad and lemon mayonnaise. Might try and work some anchovies in there somehow.

Partridge for supper, taken out of the freezer yesterday. There are three of them, two will be roasted, the third one I need inspiration for. Partridge three ways, I just need to figure out the other two ways.

Found some lamb neck fillet in the freezer, so my wife made a lamb Madras curry using some curry paste she had made up last week. My only contribution was to sneak in some extra chilli powder when she wasn't looking!

We have a day off today and I feel a cooking extravaganza coming on. I am thinking surf 'n turf for lunch, so off to the market after breakfast to buy some steak and some monkfish tail for scampi, to serve with a light salad and lemon mayonnaise. Might try and work some anchovies in there somehow.

Partridge for supper, taken out of the freezer yesterday. There are three of them, two will be roasted, the third one I need inspiration for. Partridge three ways, I just need to figure out the other two ways.

Wow! This sounds like a real cooking adventure.

Today, Keralan veggie curry (Jamie Oliver)
Tomorrow Chicken and artichoke saute.
Chocolate button cake (possibly)
Rock cakes (possibly)

The only dishes planned so far:
Tonight: Beef meatballs in tomato sauce with pasta. I only decided that a few minutes ago when I learned meat eating boyfriend of my daughter was also eating here tonight. Chopped vegan sausages in place of meatballs for vegetarian daughter
Monday: Cod and cockles in saffron sauce with forbidden rice. Something else for daughter and boyfriend.
Tuesday: Something in a filo pastry ring for Recipe Challenge.

That all sounds good. I must get more into the recipe challenge thingy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom