Weekly Menu (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have a plan when it comes to cooking, I normally have about 4 nice meals at night, and the other days just something easy, eggs on toast or beans. Our freezers are full so plenty for me to work with.

Russ

Not sure as yet, but about to enter frantic 'empty the freezers' mode to get things ready for Christmas.

Really difficult for me because I just cannot resist stuff 'on special' at our local coop.

Craig is smoking a turkey for our Thanksgiving. We'll have dressing, gravy, his bananas foster type ingredients sweet potatoes, brussel sprouts, maybe my special yeast rolls or I might make cornbread dressing for me, some kind of cranberry something. We'll go over to see DD and DGDs on Friday, as I don't like traveling on an actual holiday, especially across Alligator Alley. For the rest of the week:

Dirty rice and collard greens
Red and green tamales from the freezer
Mac and cheese my way (that's the name of the dish)
Sliced porchetta sliders with roasted vege mayo, caramelized onions and gruyere, with chips

Tonight, Barbecue Style Pork.
Tomorrow, left over something as on late shift.
Saturday, a chicken tagine using ready made sachet from Lloyd Grossman.
Sunday, possibly roast rolled lamb breast.
Monday, (possibly Tuesday) plaice rolls.
Tuesday, ???

Usually we plan the week ahead, but decide what we'll eat (from the week's menu ) on the night.

However, given I cooked a very nice mushroom soup last night , it's mushroom soup for tea tonight .

Next week hasn't really been planned but given we are now hitting +30C everyday it will probably be something like

Rice salad (3 nights) served with hard boiled eggs or marinated tofu
Quiche (dairy free) 2 nights, boiled potatoes , variety of veg and dip
?? (2 nights ) maybe another soup or perhaps Indian.

Since we have so many pretties to use up,

Oyster mushrooms in a light cream, white wine sauce over fresh pasta

Coriander and turmeric chicken with flatbread, ezme, tuom and zhoug. Chicken has marinated overnight.

Carrots, halibut, red spring onion with a carrot top pesto en papillote (didn't look for method, it just fit profile, but it might not get made before contest ends anyway)

Italian antipasti of tomatoes, boccatini, basil; stuffed baby eggplants; red spring onion agrodolche; and some of the thin sliced porchetta in freezer with some small flatbread and a garlic/basil aioli

Baghare Baingan

Braised oxtail over mashies

Duchess quiche

Today: Wild Mushroom Tart and salad
Monday: Xacuti (curry)
Tuesday: Charred cod in orange butter sauce with anya potatoes (for the Recipe Challenge)
Wednesday: Whole chicken roasted in yoghurt and spices
Thursday: All on my own - who knows? Cold roast chicken from last night probably with a few chips and pickles.
Friday: Home alone again - its anyone's guess what I might eat.
Saturday: Still alone: too far ahead to plan.

Today: Wild Mushroom Tart and salad
Monday: Xacuti (curry)
Tuesday: Charred cod in orange butter sauce with anya potatoes (for the Recipe Challenge)
Wednesday: Whole chicken roasted in yoghurt and spices
Thursday: All on my own - who knows? Cold roast chicken from last night probably with a few chips and pickles.
Friday: Home alone again - its anyone's guess what I might eat.
Saturday: Still alone: too far ahead to plan.

Funeral huh? Condolences sent.

Russ

I have a hard time sticking to a plan...i go to the store and buy whats on sale and try to plan accordingly but plans go askew quite often. Yesterday the plan was for burritos but i found these veggie chipolte falafels made by boca that i wanted to try and one bite told me i was going to need to pair them with something to take the burn away so last night was falafels and garlic mashed potatoes...not a bad combo btw.

We're back to sticking to the weekly menu ,but this week is slightly different because hubby is away for 3 nights so doesn't need feeding!

So the plan was

• 2 nights or 4 portions , braised aubergine and chickpeas served with rice and tempeh
  • 3 nights (just me so rest into freezer), corn chowder with tomatoes, served with bread..
However, because the celery was starting to yellow and the onions quite small, I used 2 of each (sticks of celery ,not heads) in the braised aubergine and chickpeas which means I have 5 portions, not 4. And so I don't need to cook again until Friday, but I'm out all day Friday, so I'll eat out instead. I'm avoiding cooking where I can because it's so hot (42C today, 43C Wed, Thurs and Fri) and with total fire bans on place we can't even cook safely outside either!

Lunches are just open sandwiches, sourdough with hummus, a chutney of some form and tofu for protein.

I'll try and cook the chowder on Saturday (it was originally planned for Thursday or Wednesday when I'm home all day ).

Bo kho, Vietnamese beef stew with star anise and lemongrass
Cajun pork and black eyed pea chili
Mushroom risotto
Roasted pork tenderloin with fennel pollen, potato and fennel gratin, and green beans
Chicken and andouille jambalaya with spicy Creole sauce (last night's dinner)
French onion soup
Reservations at Pasta and...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom