Weekly Menu (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looked at their menu - very good.

That's the place I mentioned previously that got nothing lower than 4.7 out of 5 on all the review sites. My expectations are quite high. I'm hoping it's going to be like a gem of a place we found years ago but eventually closed after chef/owner got burned out.

That's the place I mentioned previously that got nothing lower than 4.7 out of 5 on all the review sites. My expectations are quite high. I'm hoping it's going to be like a gem of a place we found years ago but eventually closed after chef/owner got burned out.

Its great to have somewhere nearby which is 'a gem' as you say.

This week's menu is

Open sandwiches for lunch. Normal toppings of hummus, tofu , hard boiled egg, might make up a chickpea and hummus topping for a change (it has lime juice ,avocado, coriander leaves in it amongst other things) along with various chutneys to change the flavour.

Evening meals include lentil salad, rice salad, corn on the cob, general raw veg and leaves to be served with protein such as marinated tofu, either baked or fried, tempeh or coddled eggs.
Another two meals will be based around the vegan mince we have so probably a spicy tomato sauce (homemade) served cold over rice (again, similar to last week).

My menu planning is a lash up.

Sometimes I have nowt planned and have to get carry oot.

However, I've gone over the top this weekend.

In the fridge I now have 2 kg defrosted minced beef steak (for chilli con carne), 2½ stuffed jacket potatoes, a chicken Kiev, 5 rashers of bacon, 4 slices of cooked Virginia ham and about 15 marinated pork ribs,

Roasted quail with pearled barley risotto, roasted carrots and parsnips with a chicken jus.

Leftover lamb sharks with polenta and broccoli.

Muffaletta pasta using the leftovers from our frittata.

Chicken with braised fennel and onions.

Banh mi sliders.

Pepperoni pizza nachos.

Shakshuka with kefta.

Last edited:
Roasted quail with pearled barley risotto, roasted carrots and parsnips with a chicken jus.

Leftover lamb sharks with polenta and broccoli.

Muffaletta pasta using the leftovers from our frittata.

Chicken with braised fennel and onions.

Banh mi sliders.

Pepperoni pizza nachos.

Shakshuka with kefta.
That's a pretty multi-national menu! The first two items sound particularly delicious - my kind of food!

That's a pretty multi-national menu! The first two items sound particularly delicious - my kind of food!

Trying to use up leftovers, as well as things in the fridge and freezer. We have almost no room in the freezers, even though we have a small deep freeze plus 2 refrigerator freezers.

Trying to use up leftovers, as well as things in the fridge and freezer. We have almost no room in the freezers, even though we have a small deep freeze plus 2 refrigerator freezers.
We too are eating through the deep freeze and the cupboards . I started a eat the pantry month back in January (at home that is) and it is still going though I have had to restock on lentils after we ran out of all except red !

Last evening we planned our meals for next week and wrote a list accordingly, than we remembered we are only at work for 3 days next week and Thursday we are going out for dinner so the list was amended.

The weekly menu has been done . 1 meal from a recipe book and the rest from the freezer or pantry this week. I'll try to do burgers next week if there's enough of March left . I need to find a good couple of recipes to try out first. Plus I'm barely home during the day this next week due to hospital/doctors appointments. I'll be seeing my doctor for the last time this week . She's leaving for a year to do her duty and work in one of the areas where a doctor is needed . In some parts of Queensland people are more than a day's drive away from a doctor and some areas haven't seen a doctor in years.

So this week we are having plum, spinach and split pea hotpot, then we're rating from the pantry and freezer, so burgers and. .. Pie and ... And finally sausage roll and. .. It's this week's menu.

That's an unusual combination.
It's a Persian dish. I'll dig up the details on it this week before I make it but they are a dried sour plum, iirc, a yellow plum and if I can't get hold of those ,you can apparently substitute them with prunes. I think it's verjuice (spelling?) that I'll struggle to get but that can be substituted with dry white wine and lemon juice.

That's an unusual combination.
Here's the info before the recipe . I've actually managed to source verjuice. It seems that it is commercially made in NSW, our thereabouts and is available in all of the supermarkets which came as a surprise. So now to source the golden plums otherwise it's going to be made with prunes.

DSC_4055.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom