Weekly Menu (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight is Hot Bacon Loaf. Tomorrow, Tandoori Pork, Monday probably eating at daughters. Tuesday on late shift at work so will be reheated leftovers. Wednesday is still veiled by the mists of time...

Tonight I'm going to have a go at a lamb curry. I found a decent looking recipe in Rick Stein's ' Food Heroes' book whilst looking up another recipe - his roast duck, for lunch tomorrow. Next week begins yet another attempt to eat from the freezer. It's getting a bit silly now - I'm sure there is food in the bottom that's as old as the freezer itself.

Tonight I'm going to have a go at a lamb curry. I found a decent looking recipe in Rick Stein's ' Food Heroes' book whilst looking up another recipe - his roast duck, for lunch tomorrow. Next week begins yet another attempt to eat from the freezer. It's getting a bit silly now - I'm sure there is food in the bottom that's as old as the freezer itself.

I bought a leg of lamb here a couple of years ago. Not cheap.

I cooked a Rogan Josh (Madhur Jaffry) which was excellent but the cost per portion was horrendous. A lot of work also.

https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/rogan-josh.8195/

I bought a leg of lamb here a couple of years ago. Not cheap.

I cooked a Rogan Josh (Madhur Jaffry) which was excellent but the cost per portion was horrendous. A lot of work also.

https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/rogan-josh.8195/
I used neck fillets, quite cheap here. £7 for three, enough for two generous portions. Legs of lamb here start at about £12, rising to £20 ish. Can you not get New Zealand lamb cheaply over there? Here it is cheaper than Welsh lamb!

I used neck fillets, quite cheap here. £7 for three, enough for two generous portions. Legs of lamb here start at about £12, rising to £20 ish. Can you not get New Zealand lamb cheaply over there? Here it is cheaper than Welsh lamb!

It was New Zealand I think. The cost for the leg was about 12 quid but I can't remember the weight. It took me ages to trim the meat off the bone. I've not bothered since.

Tomorrow will be Cannellini Bean Burgers, Sunday out for Mothering Sunday lunch, Monday not sure but I have some chicken quarters in the freezer so might use them. Tuesday on late shift so frozen left overs.

Its grapes all the way for the Cookingbites Recipe Challenge: Grapes over the next few days!

In no particular order:

Crevettes with grapes, charred chillies and avocado with a yoghurt 'Marie Rose sauce'
Waldorf salad
Prawns with candied grapes and compressed melon
Tequila grape chicken
Raclette
Poussin with vine leaves and grapes

Last edited:
It was New Zealand I think. The cost for the leg was about 12 quid but I can't remember the weight. It took me ages to trim the meat off the bone. I've not bothered since.

A leg of lamb here is around $40 but on special you can pick one up for $25, the pub I drink at sell meat raffles, $30 meat trays are the prizes, last night I won a leg of lamb which is now in the freezer. I have about 7 legs in the freezer ATM. I use a lot of lamb here. I will often cook a leg up as a roast for sammys. Lamb chop curry is very popular here.

Russ

A leg of lamb here is around $40 but on special you can pick one up for $25, the pub I drink at sell meat raffles, $30 meat trays are the prizes, last night I won a leg of lamb which is now in the freezer. I have about 7 legs in the freezer ATM. I use a lot of lamb here. I will often cook a leg up as a roast for sammys. Lamb chop curry is very popular here.

Russ

I think $40 New Zealand dollars = about £20 in the UK - which is more or less what it costs here to buy a leg of New Zealand lamb (or UK lamb).

This was the resultant rogan josh (Madhur Jaffrey).

rogan josh.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom