Well, hello everybody!

AndrewKey

Local time
4:40 PM
Hi there!

My name is Andrew and I would love to be a part of this great community. Recently I started to discover Thai and Chinese food, especially pad thai with shrimps. At the beginning can you recommend a few dishes from those countries similar to pad thai? I will be grateful for every feedback!

Welcome to CookingBites @AndrewKey. We are a very friendly community and we love new members. Please join in our discussions wherever you like or start a new topic in the relevant section of the Forum. We have a regular thread What did you cook/eat today? and currently there are for fun challenges you can enter - see here: The CookingBites Challenges. Thai and Chinese food is very popular and there is much to discover. I'm sure we would all love to learn about some Polish dishes as well!

Hi there!

My name is Andrew and I would love to be a part of this great community. Recently I started to discover Thai and Chinese food, especially pad thai with shrimps. At the beginning can you recommend a few dishes from those countries similar to pad thai? I will be grateful for every feedback!
@Yorky is the resident expert on Thai food...besides being very knowledgeable, he's also a resident of Thailand!

Welcome! We love Thai (curry mostly), Chinese (especially Dim Sum), Vietnamese (very fond of Bahn Mi) and Korean. A great Vietnamese noodle dish where the broth is the star, Pho.

@Yorky is the resident expert on Thai food...besides being very knowledgeable, he's also a resident of Thailand!

Far from expert. I just blunder along and hope for the best. However, I would recommend phat si io which is Chinese/Thai and can be made as spicy as you wish. Also you could try kwai teow (which I normal make with chicken but prawns may be substituted).

Far from expert. I just blunder along and hope for the best. However, I would recommend phat si io which is Chinese/Thai and can be made as spicy as you wish. Also you could try kwai teow (which I normal make with chicken but prawns may be substituted).

You know I'm making both those some time soon. I make a Thai chicken salad, everyone loves it. The that dressing is real good.

Russ

Although not strictly Chinese, I enjoy cooking (and eating) chop suey and chow mein. Although mine are based upon either chicken or pork I'm sure that substituting prawns would be acceptable.

Back
Top Bottom