What’s your favourite walk?

I think we need more canal photographs in this thread. @Lullabelle and @Herbie ….?

Here's one of mine taken in May. It's the Nantes-to-Brest canal just NW of Malestroit. It's one of my better photos - I was pleased with the dappled light on the towpath and the serendipitous appearance of the tractor in the field. A happy accident …

View attachment 18451

Here you go

20180528_142441.jpg

@Lullabelle … isn't that just simply lovely. Thank you for sharing this.

I'm tempted to suggest that we rename this thread 'Our favourite canal photographs' (or start another one..)

I can't get enough of these - I'll see if I can find some more of mine to share

@Lullabelle … isn't that just simply lovely. Thank you for sharing this.

I'm tempted to suggest that we rename this thread 'Our favourite canal photographs' (or start another one..)

I can't get enough of these - I'll see if I can find some more of mine to share

I have one from Siem Reap:

IMG_0003.JPG

We walked along the banks a few times after that, but always in the dark.

Maybe it gets better after the rainy season?

I'm sure you can guess by my avatar, that I like reptiles, particularly snakes. I spent many days hiking in pursuit of native snakes both venomous and non-venomous. One of my favorite places to hunt and photo snakes is the Fakahatchee Strand area of the Everglades. You just never know what you might run into.

Took this about 2 feet away.
36788-albums310-picture5935.jpg

This one about 3 feet away before it bolted.
36788-albums310-picture5933.jpg

It's nearer the South Foreland. It's St Margaret's at Cliffe looking down to the bay. It is my favourite place but I've not been for nearly two years now my parents have moved.

@Herbie - I like this photo of yours so much that I've taken a copy for myself. I'd also like to share it with a couple of friends as a reminder of where we were 35 years ago. Is that OK with you? ...if you're not happy, then I'll delete my copy

Please do share. I'm pleased you have such memories of a place I love so much.

Thank you. I know (or at least knew) the East Sussex Downs better than East Kent but they are very similar. Walking the grassland downs is like bouncing along on a good quality mattress - and the proximity to the sea just adds to the pleasure. We started our walk at Tower Bridge, turned right at North Foreland and carried on down to Land's End (it took years …) - heading west and following the sun as all good Celts should. We saw some truly memorable 'coast-scapes' along the way but I think that the chalk downs of Kent/E Sussex meeting the sea were the most unforgettable.

Where I live, we are lucky to have the Fife Coastal Path, which stretches for 117 miles (I checked) from the Firth of Forth in the south to the Firth of Tay in the north. That, for those unfamiliar with the east coast of Scotland, is essentially just across from Edinburgh at the southern end and just across from Dundee to the north.

We've managed to cover a fair bit of that distance over time. The path covers some lovely fishing villages, Pictish caves, ancient churches, coastal scrub, wildlife havens and plenty more. It's a rare day that you don't spot something interesting, even if you're only on a small part of the path.

Where I live, we are lucky to have the Fife Coastal Path

A friend of mine walked it all a few years ago - he loved it.

My sister lives in Cupar - she used to walk her dog on stretches of the Coastal Path - and my nephew lives in Crail, which I think is actually on the Path.

The Pointe de Percho on the Presqu'Ile de Quiberon, on the south coast of Brittany. An after-lunch stroll, or as part of a longer coastal walk. On a windy day, this can be a stimulating (and occasionally dangerous) walk.

I had this photo as my screensaver for a few years - on a bad day, a few moments of looking at the headland and beach was often enough to restore my spirits.

Quiberon, Beach at Pointe de Percho.jpg

The Pointe de Percho on the Presqu'Ile de Quiberon, on the south coast of Brittany. An after-lunch stroll, or as part of a longer coastal walk. On a windy day, this can be a stimulating (and occasionally dangerous) walk.

I had this photo as my screensaver for a few years - on a bad day, a few moments of looking at the headland and beach was often enough to restore my spirits.

.View attachment 18516

Lovely - that is my kind of landscape (seascape). Now, all I want is a house by the sea with a nice big window where I could put a table and a view like that. Then I'd be a happy bunny.

Back
Top Bottom