What’s your favourite walk?

These iris grow in abundance beside the canal

20180528_142513.jpg

IMG_0577a.jpg

Down the lane for about a mile.

IMG_0571a.jpg

Up the hill, through the woods. This is the view from halfway up, looking back down.

IMG_0574.JPG

Round the field

IMG_0576.JPG

Back down the hill (the slow, easy way)
IMG_0575.JPG

View to the West over the old quarry. The hills in the distance are in Wales.

A walk by a river, canal or other body of water is usually a pleasure. Perhaps it's just nice to meet other ducks.

One of my favourites, and one I'd recommend to anyone visiting Newcastle, is a stroll by Jesmond Dene. This is only a mile of so north of the city centre, but it doesn't take long for you to imagine you're miles out of the city. Whenever friends came up to Newcastle, I'd always take them for a walk there and everybody said pretty much the same thing, which can be paraphrased as, "You'd never believe you were so close to the centre of a big city."

@epicuric - splendid !

To the W - in the distance - my first thought was The Wrekin, but obviously not, if it/they're in Wales.

When I was about 6 or 7 years old, I climbed Moel Fammau with my father. I wondered if that was it - but the Clwydian Hills are too far north if you're Salop. So ...the Berwyn's?

More please - if you post one of these every day, I would be a very happy person.

Any chance of starting a 'Where Is This?' as opposed to a 'What Is This' thread? actually I think you already have ….

@epicuric - splendid !

To the W - in the distance - my first thought was The Wrekin, but obviously not, if it/they're in Wales.

When I was about 6 or 7 years old, I climbed Moel Fammau with my father. I wondered if that was it - but the Clwydian Hills are too far north if you're Salop. So ...the Berwyn's?

More please - if you post one of these every day, I would be a very happy person.

Any chance of starting a 'Where Is This?' as opposed to a 'What Is This' thread? actually I think you already have ….

There was one called 'where am I?' which is similar but was supposed to be 'live', as in the member was visiting somewhere. I may have been the only person to post! I presume you mean posting own photos not simply grabbing from the internet?

I presume you mean posting own photos not simply grabbing from the internet?

I hadn't given it any serious thought - I was being whimsical. If you think it has merit, then grabbing pix from the internet would be pointless.

Problem would be getting it global - and making it fair.

Maybe not such a good idea really

I hadn't given it any serious thought - I was being whimsical. If you think it has merit, then grabbing pix from the internet would be pointless.

Problem would be getting it global - and making it fair.

Maybe not such a good idea really

The global thing is difficult - I'd have no chance of recognising places in the States or Australia unless they contained famous landmarks.

@epicuric - splendid !

Indeed it is the Berwyns! If I could walk one of these every day I would be a very happy person too!

I live in the hilly region just west of The Blue Mountains. There are no flat walks here.

Regular morning walk (LOL.. regular, not lately it’s been below zero most mornings) is 2 laps of the new estate up behind us. It’s a 3 km circuit with a couple of decent ascents.

My favourite weekend walks are either up the hill across the road & paddock from us.

C53ACA71-44A1-473C-83A7-8CFD354549DC.jpeg

That’s the view from the top looking NW & my teen being silly.

A local favourite is to walk up Hassan’s Walls. There are 4 look outs up there with views out toward Oberon. It’s steep and the walk to the first lookout & back is 5km.

There is a little area just before the first official lookout that I like to visit & sometimes I will take the opportunity to meditate while I’m up there.

FB79E43A-F7F0-4D94-BA10-489D0AA19ECF.jpeg

That’s looking back along The Wall.

I’ve a few more pics to share of a recent walk at Govetts Leap.

However it’s time to get ready for work so later folks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom