What am I making (16)

Next ingredient:

20180719_155539.jpg

I thought the colour turned out to be glorious - thanks to the fresh turmeric I think. They should have been left longer but no-one could resist!
I agree....they're beautiful. If you can resist the temptation, leave some in for longer, and then cut them open and see what happens. These were soaked in the liquid from beets I pickled previously. It might have been as long as a month (the brine preserved it that long with no ill effects). As you might guess, the pickled beet flavor was present in every bite, all the way to the center of the yolk.

IMG_1426.JPG

Both variations look beautiful! I'll be honest, never tried pickled eggs, they just don't sound good to me.

They are delicious! Add a little sugar to the vinegar for a less acidic outcome.

I've never come across anything like that egg. I think I'll stick to my scotch eggs and curried eggs. The curried eggs I refer to are boiled and cut in half lengthways , yolk taken out and mashed with butter curry powder and home made Mayo. ( condensed milk one ) then piped back into the white she'll with a star syringe. Sprinkle with paprika. A big favourite around here.

Russ

I've never come across anything like that egg. I think I'll stick to my scotch eggs and curried eggs. The curried eggs I refer to are boiled and cut in half lengthways , yolk taken out and mashed with butter curry powder and home made Mayo. ( condensed milk one ) then piped back into the white she'll with a star syringe. Sprinkle with paprika. A big favourite around here.

Russ

I thought you had a recipe for pickled eggs in curry spices (the one you are trying to market?). Which egg are you referring to in the above quote - the beetroot eggs?

I thought you had a recipe for pickled eggs in curry spices (the one you are trying to market?). Which egg are you referring to in the above quote - the beetroot eggs?

No, my curry onions are my most popular. Then my scotch eggs and curry eggs, the one I described with the yolk mashed and put back in. I've never seen the ones described in beetroot juice.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom