What are your favorite Cheeses ?

Francesca

Local time
1:02 PM
Simply, a cheese-a-holic .. I love goat cheese especially chevre from France, Greece, Italy, Spain, Portugal and The Transylvania Región of Romania ..

Here is a photograph of a Galician Cheese, from the designation of Lugo, Galicia which I adore .. It is renowned in Galicia for its Chef Hat´s Shape ..

GOATCHEESECHEFGORRO2013-08-15%2000.33.50.jpg

Simply, a cheese-a-holic .. I love goat cheese especially chevre from France, Greece, Italy, Spain, Portugal and The Transylvania Región of Romania ..

Here is a photograph of a Galician Cheese, from the designation of Lugo, Galicia which I adore .. It is renowned in Galicia for its Chef Hat´s Shape ..

View attachment 8685
You are in good company @Francesca, there are a few of us cheese-a-hollics on here! I don't think I could pick just one favourite, but I tend to gravitate towards blue veined cheeses - usually Stilton. I also love brie de meaux and strong Cheddar.

You are in good company @Francesca, there are a few of us cheese-a-hollics on here! I don't think I could pick just one favourite, but I tend to gravitate towards blue veined cheeses - usually Stilton. I also love brie de meaux and strong Cheddar.

@epicuric

I asked: What are your favorite cheeseS ?

Yes, I am a grand fan of Asturian, Picon Blue & Cabrales Blue Vein varities, which are aged or cured in Caves, as well. Extraordinarily fascinating cheese making processes, I had witnessed during a trip to the Asturian región of Picón ! It is done on an ancient Wheel type rotating machine and it is punctured with huge needle like spokes. I have to see if I can find the photographs but I believe they are on 35mm as it was quite a number of years ago, since I had travelled in Asturias.

I also adore Roquefort and Gorgonzola as well ..

Have a lovely day ..

Thank you for visiting ..

Last edited:
There are lots of cheeses I like. In fact, just about anything that isn't bland. A nice runny Brie is always a treat.

Some of my favourites come from County Cork, in particular Durrus, Milleens and Ardrahan.

I like a blue cheese as well. Shropshire Blue is especially pleasant. I could probably list several hundred here, but we'll leave it there for now.

There are lots of cheeses I like. In fact, just about anything that isn't bland. A nice runny Brie is always a treat.

Some of my favourites come from County Cork, in particular Durrus, Milleens and Ardrahan.

I like a blue cheese as well. Shropshire Blue is especially pleasant. I could probably list several hundred here, but we'll leave it there for now.

@Duck59

Thank you for participating. I like my Brie slightly firm .. I am not too familiar with The Cheeses from Scotland or The British Isles .. However, I have been to Edimburgh a few times and do recall having a lovely cheeseboard in Ullapol in the Highlands a couple of years ago.

Truly an amazingly spectacular trip .. I had published an article on that trip in an Expatriate English language Magazine.

I have 2 Friends in Scotland, one in Edimburgh ( He is Spanish and a Restaurateur ) and 1 in Skye Island who is Scottish however, she relocated to Canada for a career opportunity and a man !!

Have a lovely day ..

Last edited:
This is an amazingly spectacular Spanish aged goat cheese with a Rosemary Herb Rind from The High Sierra of Cadiz (The Cadiz Hill Country in the White Villages, in Andalusia). It is simply spectacular and a regular for our Cheeseboards at home and at our families´ homes ..

curedgoatcheeseromerocadiz2013-04-01%2016.46.37.jpg

For anyone planning a trip to Edinburgh, there is an excellent cheesemonger called Mellis. They started off with a single shop (Victoria Street in the Old Town) and now have three in Edinburgh, one in Glasgow and one in St Andrews.

http://www.mellischeese.net/

On the "cheese" tab, you'll see two of the Irish cheeses I mentioned earlier.

Later this month we have the Nantwich International Cheese Festival to go to. Fortunately, it's only about half an hours drive from home, and is probably my favourite day out of the year. I will try and remember to take some pictures this year.

Later this month we have the Nantwich International Cheese Festival to go to. Fortunately, it's only about half an hours drive from home, and is probably my favourite day out of the year. I will try and remember to take some pictures this year.

@epicuric

Sounds amazingly wonderful.

Yes, please do snap some photographs !

Have a wonderful day & Thank you for visiting ..

For anyone planning a trip to Edinburgh, there is an excellent cheesemonger called Mellis. They started off with a single shop (Victoria Street in the Old Town) and now have three in Edinburgh, one in Glasgow and one in St Andrews.

http://www.mellischeese.net/

On the "cheese" tab, you'll see two of the Irish cheeses I mentioned earlier.

@Duck59,

Thank you very very much for the information ..

Have a lovely day ..

This is an 18 month old aged / cured small farm Reggiano Parmesano which I had sent to Barcelona on my last trip to Italy, getting ready for my next Risotto or Pasta !!

FRANCESCA2013-01-23REGGIANOPARMIGIAN0CURED18MOS.jpg

Another place that visitors to Edinburgh might like to try (and some possibly have!) is Valvona & Crolla. This is a superb delicatessen on Elm Row, which is on the way from Princes Street to Leith Walk. They also have a wide selection of cheeses, along with a whole load of other things.

I used to work just round the corner from the shop and it was very difficult to avoid being tempted in. You lived in the certain knowledge that if you were tempted inside, you would inevitably spend a fair sum of money.

http://www.valvonacrolla.co.uk/

Back
Top Bottom