What are your favorite Cheeses ?

@Duck59

Thank you for all your top notch suggestions ..

The next time, we plan to fly over to Edimburgh, I shall definitely drop you a line ..

Have a lovely afternoon.

On Saturday, I used a local shop that I've never used before. Being a vegetarian, I never had any cause to go into the fishmonger's. However, they are now selling an interesting range of Scottish cheeses.

I bought some Cambus O'May, which is made in the Highlands, just on the north-eastern edge of the Cairngorms National Park. It is a hard, pale cheese made with unpasteurised cow's milk and has quite a nutty flavour.

It looks like the fishmonger will be getting some more business soon.

On Saturday, I used a local shop that I've never used before. Being a vegetarian, I never had any cause to go into the fishmonger's. However, they are now selling an interesting range of Scottish cheeses.

I bought some Cambus O'May, which is made in the Highlands, just on the north-eastern edge of the Cairngorms National Park. It is a hard, pale cheese made with unpasteurised cow's milk and has quite a nutty flavour.

It looks like the fishmonger will be getting some more business soon.

@Duck59,

Sounds fascinating ! I love to attend cheese tastings .. I have made notes on your cheese recommendations and shops in Edimburgh.

Thanks again.
Have a lovely day ..

Having just returned with a selection of local cheeses from a wonderful dairy producing area in Pennsylvania, I will post a few choices and pictures later.

However, one of the towns we drove through was called Nazareth, Pa..

I've always wanted to open a cheese shop there. It would be called Cheeses of Nazareth...

Having just returned with a selection of local cheeses from a wonderful dairy producing area in Pennsylvania, I will post a few choices and pictures later.

I've always wanted to open a cheese shop there. It would be called Cheeses of Nazareth...

@buckytom,

Wow. Fascinating .. I am a true cheese-a-holic with only a few exceptions, as I detest orange cheeses and dislike orange rinded cheeses.

Thank you, please do show us some local cheeses from Pennsylvania.

This is fascinating !

Have a wonderful day ..
Thanks again.

We have family in the general Allentown area, including Bethlehem. You've now made every subsequent visit to family a new adventure! :laugh:

BTW, the Amish area of Ohio has a plentiful number of cheese manufacturers. If you're in Sugarcreek, you can probably find a cheese plant anywhere within a 30-35 mile radius of there no matter which direction you go.

Lol, I hope ypu use my joke. The one about Mary following Jesus' gigs also works well in Amish country.

I just love those folks. I am so relaxed around true to the heart Chritian people like them. Both malice and malevolence are rare there. O mean, they just want to live peacefully, work hard, and enjoy simple things. And when disaster strikes, they roll with it. Nothing fazes them.

However, getting back to squares, like Franny, :wink:, I am a cheese freak. Mustard, too. But cheese is a wonderful thing. Gift from God, you might say.

When we were in the farmers market in Intercourse, Pa., I bought locally made Conestoga yellow cheddar, a habanero white cheddar, Amish butter cheese, and ten year reserve Canadian cheddar.

Tbe Amish butter cheese intrugues me the most.

It reminds me of European cheeses like Butterkase or young Havarti.

Wow.

Cheese in all its glory has only recently begun to be a massively popular foodie item - maybe a decade or 2.

We were exotic because we grew up with blue cheese - crumbly very picante blue cheese, along with the usual cheese singles and block cheddar.

I had an argument with a house mate once because I put pecorino in the shopping trolley and he didn't know what it was.

I have a book here promoting the start of artisan cheese making, I should look to see when it was published.

Anyway, I love cheese, though I find that if you want Brie or Camembert here you need to buy it a week before and store it in the pantry. They are still quite chalky and underripe even at their best before date.

Lol, I hope ypu use my joke. The one about Mary following Jesus' gigs also works well in Amish country.

I just love those folks. I am so relaxed around true to the heart Chritian people like them. Both malice and malevolence are rare there. O mean, they just want to live peacefully, work hard, and enjoy simple things. And when disaster strikes, they roll with it. Nothing fazes them.

However, getting back to squares, like Franny, :wink:, I am a cheese freak. Mustard, too. But cheese is a wonderful thing. Gift from God, you might say.

When we were in the farmers market in Intercourse, Pa., I bought locally made Conestoga yellow cheddar, a habanero white cheddar, Amish butter cheese, and ten year reserve Canadian cheddar.

Tbe Amish butter cheese intrugues me the most.

It reminds me of European cheeses like Butterkase or young Havarti.
Was there any cheese in Paradise?

Back
Top Bottom