What are Your Favorite Style Eggs & Egg Dishes ?

Francesca

Local time
4:38 PM
My favorites are:

1) French Omelette.
2) Spanish Omelette ( Tortilla Española )
3) Spinach Quiche.
4) Deviled Eggs.
5) Scrambled Eggs with Wild Mushrooms.
6) Egg Salad Sándwiches.
7) Hard boiled Eggs in Salads such as the Niçoise ..

Pickled eggs.
Curried eggs.
Poached eggs.
Fried eggs.
Soft boiled eggs (with soldiers).
Tortilla de patatas (with additions)
Deep fried deviled eggs.
Egg tapas (with prawns).
Egg sambal.
Chopped hard boiled eggs and mayonnaise sandwich.
Baked eggs (in ham cups).
Chinese tea eggs.
Khow phad kai (egg fried rice).
Eggs Benedict.

I suppose I love eggs however cooked/prepared. Although I don't eat/drink raw eggs and I draw the line at eating Filipino fertilised eggs. And I wouldn't go out of my way to get 100 year old eggs.

eggs.jpg

Nice bunch of eggheads you hang around with, Yorky. :wink:

1 - Mushroom omelet with Fontina cheese.
2 - Deviled eggs.
3 - Scotch eggs - but only when we're at our favorite local Irish Pub. I wouldn't bother making them at home.
4 - Shaksuka - but only when it's cold outside. I make it a wee bit spicy.
5 - My Mother-in-Law's "Spanish eggs". She would make a fresh sauce with tomatoes, onions, pimento olives, and hot sauce, then use it to top scrambled or fried eggs. Every year about this time I think of how I'll have to make it, even though it's been decades since I last did, then forget all about it by the time the tomatoes are reaching peak ripeness.

Pickled eggs.
Curried eggs.
Poached eggs.
Fried eggs.
Soft boiled eggs (with soldiers).
Tortilla de patatas (with additions)
Deep fried deviled eggs.
Egg tapas (with prawns).
Egg sambal.
Chopped hard boiled eggs and mayonnaise sandwich.
Baked eggs (in ham cups).
Chinese tea eggs.
Khow phad kai (egg fried rice).
Eggs Benedict.

I suppose I love eggs however cooked/prepared. Although I don't eat/drink raw eggs and I draw the line at eating Filipino fertilised eggs. And I wouldn't go out of my way to get 100 year old eggs.

@Yorky

Thank you for all your participation. Fabulous photograph of the Graffitti Eggs !!!

Have a wonderful day ..

@Yorky

Thank you for all your participation. Fabulous photograph of the Graffitti Eggs !!!

Have a wonderful day ..

That is a photograph of my fridge door full of duck eggs and then a copy doubled up. The faces I either did myself or copied from pages on the net.

Nice bunch of eggheads you hang around with, Yorky. :wink:

1 - Mushroom omelet with Fontina cheese.
2 - Deviled eggs.
3 - Scotch eggs - but only when we're at our favorite local Irish Pub. I wouldn't bother making them at home.
4 - Shaksuka - but only when it's cold outside. I make it a wee bit spicy.
5 - My Mother-in-Law's "Spanish eggs". She would make a fresh sauce with tomatoes, onions, pimento olives, and hot sauce, then use it to top scrambled or fried eggs. Every year about this time I think of how I'll have to make it, even though it's been decades since I last did, then forget all about it by the time the tomatoes are reaching peak ripeness.

@Lynne Guinne

Thank you for your participation.

I find it very interesting that "foreigners" ( Non Iberian Spaniards, Basques, Catalans or Galicians) call spicy dishes " Spanish " ..

On the norm, Spanish regional cuisine is not "spicy" .. Yes, there are dishes which are predominately Basque or Galician or Extremadurian which employ chili peppers ( what we call a dried red Chili Pepper, called: Cayenne or Guindilla in Spanish / Esplette Basque Red Chili Peppers, Padrón Green Chili Peppers, Smoked Paprika ( pimentón de La Vera ) and Ñora dried Chili Peppers ).

However, the vast majority of Spanish Iberian Cuisine is not spicy ..

I would refer to the dish with tomatoes and hot sauce, Latin American Eggs. This is not technically a Spanish Dish ..

There is a medieval 1500´s dish called " Flamenco Eggs " however, the ingredients are: Evoo, onion, Iberian Aged acorn fed Ham, Green beans, sweet peas, diced potatoes, Dried Chorizo Sausage, Eggs Sunny side up and salt / black freshly ground pepper and baked in an earthenware clay vessel in the oven ... This dish dates back to Emperor Carlos V, 1500s .. The origin is: Jarandilla de La Vera, Extremadura .. 3 Hours south west of Madrid Capital which is the exact centre of Spain ..

Have a nice day .. Thank you for your participation.

Last edited:
I love soft boiled eggs with really runny yolks. After that French omelette that is still runny, or a fried egg with a runny yolk. A poached egg comes next I guess ,but it's closer up there with a coddled egg. I also rather like pickled eggs.

A small warning to anyone intending to visit Eritrea or Ethiopia. A popular breakfast item is the "egg sandwich," which is essentially a small omelette inside an Italian-style bread roll. This usually - though not always - comes with a few slices of tomato and perhaps a little sliced onion. What it almost certainly will contain is a whole green chilli. The chilli will be entire - not sliced or cut up in any way - and is usually cunningly concealed within the bread.

This little gem has caught a few unwary souls in its time.

Last edited:
Once when we went to dinner at my bosses' house, their dalmatian, as usual, would sit beside the guests awaiting scraps to be offered. There were some pickled chilies (of mine) in a jar on the table so I wrapped one in a piece of bread and gave it to the dog. It gobbled it up immediately and then ran off. Surprisingly, it never bothered me at the table ever again.

Last edited:
I don't cook or eat often the eggs ( colhesterol) although anyway I like them.
My favourite ways to cook/eat them are: frittata i.e. omelette with onions or other vegetables ( zucchine, spinach or asparagus), boiled eggs or also boiled and then cut and mixed in the potatoes or rice salad or to prepare Vitel tonne' or green sauce.
Chocolate eggs are allowed? :D

Last edited:
@MypinchofItaly.

Ha Ha .. Chocolate is always allowed !!!!!

Frittata !!! Always delicious ..

The Grammar Doctor Correction:
Cut, cut, cut is an irregular verb and does not receive an "ed" or any other ending.
The same as Cost, cost, cost ..

Have a wonderful day and Thank you for participating.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom