What are Your Favorite Style Eggs & Egg Dishes ?

Once when we went to dinner at my bosses' house, their dalmatian, as usual, would sit beside the guests awaiting scraps to be offered. There were some pickled chilies (of mine) in a jar on the table so I wrapped one in a piece of bread and gave it to the dog. It gobbled it up immediately and then ran off. Surprisingly, it never bothered me at the table ever again.
:eek:

@MypinchofItaly.

Ha Ha .. Chocolate is always allowed !!!!!

Frittata !!! Always delicious ..

The Grammar Doctor Correction:
Cut, cut, cut is an irregular verb and does not receive an "ed" or anyother ending.
The same as Cost, cost, cost ..

Have a wonderful day and Thank you for participating.

Yes I know, It was only to see if you also knew it...hahahaha :D:D
I'm joking Dear..
Thank you!

Pickled eggs.
Curried eggs.
Poached eggs.
Fried eggs.
Soft boiled eggs (with soldiers).
Tortilla de patatas (with additions)
Deep fried deviled eggs.
Egg tapas (with prawns).
Egg sambal.
Chopped hard boiled eggs and mayonnaise sandwich.
Baked eggs (in ham cups).
Chinese tea eggs.
Khow phad kai (egg fried rice).
Eggs Benedict.

I suppose I love eggs however cooked/prepared. Although I don't eat/drink raw eggs and I draw the line at eating Filipino fertilised eggs. And I wouldn't go out of my way to get 100 year old eggs.

Recipe for deep fried deviled eggs please.

My favorite yolks anyway you want to fix them.

...I find it very interesting that "foreigners" ( Non Iberian Spaniards, Basques, Catalans or Galicians) call spicy dishes " Spanish "...
Don't get your knickers in a twist, Francie, I understand that. After all, I did use quotation marks. None of us here are total barbarians, you know. :wink: It was the name my dearly loved Mother-in-Law (yes, I loved her and we had a great relationship) called them by, hence it is a term of endearment to me...a term in parenthesis.

In actuality, those ingredients are more Cuban when you consider that those three get me halfway to a recipe of Picadillo, a bowl of yummy goodness. And I now know what I can make for Friday's supper...

Once when we went to dinner at my bosses' house, their dalmatian, as usual, would sit beside the guests awaiting scraps to be offered. There were some pickled chilies (of mine) in a jar on the table so I wrapped one in a piece of bread and gave it to the dog. It gobbled it up immediately and then ran off. Surprisingly, it never bothered me at the table ever again.
Every mutt I've ever had loves chillies.......

...I would refer to the dish with tomatoes and hot sauce, Latin American Eggs. This is not technically a Spanish Dish ..

There is a medieval 1500´s dish called " Flamenco Eggs " however, the ingredients are: Evoo, onion, Iberian Aged acorn fed Ham, Green beans, sweet peas, diced potatoes, Dried Chorizo Sausage, Eggs Sunny side up and salt / black freshly ground pepper and baked in an earthenware clay vessel in the oven ... This dish dates back to Emperor Carlos V, 1500s .. The origin is: Jarandilla de La Vera, Extremadura .. 3 Hours south west of Madrid Capital which is the exact centre of Spain...
I've just had the chance to read over your "Flamenco Eggs" recipe and the similar version that I've made, Shakshuka. From what I've been able to read trolling through the interwebs, it appears that Shakshuka may have come first. It's a simpler recipe with fewer ingredients, with its roots in Northern Africa. It seems logical that as a simple recipe expanded beyond its original borders, ensuing cultures would have added to and altered the recipe by adding ingredients they were familiar with. In its simplicity, Shakshuka is a meal a person with no wealth could feed to his family to satisfy hunger.

#1..Fried eggs over eay.
#2..Fried eggs over easy
#3..American cheese omelet
#4..Eggs Benedict (with the egg over easy :happy:)
#5..Deviled eggs

Recipe for deep fried deviled eggs please.

• 6 Eggs, hard boiled
  • 2 Small potatoes, scrubbed and boiled
  • 1 Pat butter
  • A little milk
  • 1 Medium onion, very finely chopped
  • 2 Small fresh green (or red) chilies, finely chopped
  • Salt and black pepper, to taste
  • 1 tbls Fresh coriander, shredded
  • Batter for coating
  • Vegetable oil for deep frying
Cut each egg in half and remove the yolk. Mash the yolk with the boiled potatoes, milk and butter. Add the finely chopped onion, the chilies the coriander and seasoning and continue to mash. Put the mash into the half egg orifices left by the egg yolk and build it around the egg. Chill for 30 minutes. Dip in batter and deep fry until golden brown.

devilledeggs.jpg

I've just had the chance to read over your "Flamenco Eggs" recipe and the similar version that I've made, Shakshuka. From what I've been able to read trolling through the interwebs, it appears that Shakshuka may have come first. It's a simpler recipe with fewer ingredients, with its roots in Northern Africa. It seems logical that as a simple recipe expanded beyond its original borders, ensuing cultures would have added to and altered the recipe by adding ingredients they were familiar with. In its simplicity, Shakshuka is a meal a person with no wealth could feed to his family to satisfy hunger.

Don't get your knickers in a twist, Francie, I understand that. After all, I did use quotation marks. None of us here are total barbarians, you know. :wink: It was the name my dearly loved Mother-in-Law (yes, I loved her and we had a great relationship) called them by, hence it is a term of endearment to me...a term in parenthesis.

In actuality, those ingredients are more Cuban when you consider that those three get me halfway to a recipe of Picadillo, a bowl of yummy goodness. And I now know what I can make for Friday's supper...

No one is in a twist .. And my name is F

@Lynne Guinne

Francesca does not have a shortened versión of her given name or Nick Name !

Enjoy your recipe .. And yes, probably it could be considered Latin American or Latin Caribbean ..

Have a nice day !!

• 6 Eggs, hard boiled
  • 2 Small potatoes, scrubbed and boiled
  • 1 Pat butter
  • A little milk
  • 1 Medium onion, very finely chopped
  • 2 Small fresh green (or red) chilies, finely chopped
  • Salt and black pepper, to taste
  • 1 tbls Fresh coriander, shredded
  • Batter for coating
  • Vegetable oil for deep frying
Cut each egg in half and remove the yolk. Mash the yolk with the boiled potatoes, milk and butter. Add the finely chopped onion, the chilies the coriander and seasoning and continue to mash. Put the mash into the half egg orifices left by the egg yolk and build it around the egg. Chill for 30 minutes. Dip in batter and deep fry until golden brown.

devilledeggs.jpg

@Yorky

These look enticingly good !

Have a lovely day and thank you.

I don't cook or eat often the eggs ( colhesterol) although anyway I like them.
My favourite ways to cook/eat them are: frittata i.e. omelette with onions or other vegetables ( zucchine, spinach or asparagus), boiled eggs or also boiled and then cut and mixed in the potatoes or rice salad or to prepare Vitel tonne' or green sauce.
Chocolate eggs are allowed? :D
You are behind the times with the science there @MypinchofItaly! The link between eating cholesterol and increasing cholesterol levels in the body has been disproved. Enjoy your eggs! :cook:

1. Buttered/scrambled eggs
2. Poached eggs
3. Fried eggs.
4. Omlette

I really don't like hard boiled eggs at all, other than in the occasional egg mayo sandwich.

You are behind the times with the science there @MypinchofItaly! The link between eating cholesterol and increasing cholesterol levels in the body has been disproved. Enjoy your eggs! :cook:

Nope @epicuric ...the most high level of cholesterol is in the yolk. Obviously, eggs have also a lot of good things but (at least in Italy) is better to don't eat them over 2 or 3 a week.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom