What are Your Favorite Style Eggs & Egg Dishes ?

Nope @epicuric ...the most high level of cholesterol is in the yolk. Obviously, eggs have also a lot of good things but (at least in Italy) is better to don't eat them over 2 or 3 a weeks.

@epicuric

All in moderation as they say ..

It is very commonly known that eggs are on high cholesterol diets with moderation.

Cholesterol has genetic implications ..

Have a nice day ..

#1..Fried eggs over eay.
#2..Fried eggs over easy
#3..American cheese omelet
#4..Eggs Benedict (with the egg over easy :happy:)
#5..Deviled eggs

@Dados1950

Yes, Eggs Benedict !! An incredible brunch or lunch delicacy ..

I use or have out at a restaurant with fresh tomato & Gravlax or smoked salmon instead of the "Canadian Bacon" or other ham or charcuterie ..

A favorite without a doubt ..

Have a nice day .. Thanks for participating.

Today's poached egg:

fillet july eggbleed s.jpg

@MypinchofItaly

I had 2 British Short Hair Cats while growing up and also while my twin daughters were growing up. . All 4 British Short Hair kit kats, lived unitl they 22 years old.

One loved Green Melon, which I used a stand up mixer to make into a sorbet and a variety of fruits !!
One loved Créme Fraîche & Ricotta with Honey ..
One loved minced Parsley & Fresly grown Herbs like Thyme, Lavender, Dill, Basil, Savory and Oregano & wild flowers !
One loved Bufala di Mozzarella & Greek Yogurt & Tzatziki ..

Animals are like people, each having likes and dislikes !!

@MypinchofItaly

I had 2 British Short Hair Cats while growing up and also while my twin daughters were growing up. . All 4 British Short Hair kit kats, lived unitl they 22 years old.

One loved Green Melon, which I used a stand up mixer to make into a sorbet and a variety of fruits !!
One loved Créme Fraîche & Ricotta with Honey ..
One loved minced Parsley & Fresly grown Herbs like Thyme, Lavender, Dill, Basil, Savory and Oregano & wild flowers !
One loved Bufala di Mozzarella & Greek Yogurt & Tzatziki ..

Animals are like people, each having likes and dislikes !!

Sorry Dear, but I don't agree with you about this. Animals aren't like people. Maybe you can give them something you eat too and depending on what you give them. (bread - not the crumbs but only the crust and not ever) My sister in law is a veterinary.

I'm not saying that cats are like people but sometimes the cat food that my wife buys comes with free tit bits. The Dennis cat loved them but the Black cat would not give them house room. Funnily enough the cat food that she bought today had a different make of tit bits included and the Dennis cat didn't want it.

bluebritishcatJOEL11092530_480296935450985_991785823_n.jpg
Sorry Dear, but I don't agree with you about this. Animals aren't like people. Maybe you can give them something you eat too and depending on what you give them. (bread - not the crumbs but only the crust and not ever) My sister in law is a veterinary.

@MypinchofItaly

I did not feed my cats sweets or foods that could hurt them. Never ..

Dairy ( cheese ) and fruits or veggies would not hurt them. They all lived until age 22 !! And very fit ( not overweight ). British Shorthair are bigger than alley cats or other pedigrees. They are " large " ..

Normally, my cats and my parents´ cats, were "Science Diet" fed recommended by their Veternarians and an occasional treat but never from the table .. Always in their bowls ..

I meant that they are " Finicky " ( variable & changeable ) with foods .. Alot like people in this way.

Have a lovely day ..

I'm not saying that cats are like people but sometimes the cat food that my wife buys comes with free tit bits. The Dennis cat loved them but the Black cat would not give them house room. Funnily enough the cat food that she bought today had a different make of tit bits included and the Dennis cat didn't want it.

@Yorky & @MypinchofItaly

This is what I had meant to say. "Cats are very fussy (critical), finicky (variable and changeable) and picky ( critcal ) about their food" ..

Very true .. We had 4 so I know ..

Have a lovely day.

View attachment 9068

@MypinchofItaly

I did not feed my cats sweets or foods that could hurt them. Never ..

Dairy ( cheese ) and fruits or veggies would not hurt them. They all lived until age 22 !! And very fit ( not overweight ). British Shorthair are bigger than alley cats or other pedigrees. They are " large " ..

Normally, my cats and my parents´ cats, were "Science Diet" fed recommended by their Vetrinarians and an occasional treat but never from the table .. Always in their bowls ..

I meant that they are " Finicky " ( variable & changeable ) with foods .. Alot like people in this way.

Have a lovely day ..

I wouldn't know seeing the cat's photo you added. He has both eyes like two chili peppers....:D:D:giggle::giggle:
I'm joking dear @Francesca.
Of course nobody want to hurt animals, but it's not correct give them our food.

I wouldn't know seeing the cat's photo you added. He has both eyes like two chili peppers....:D:D:giggle::giggle:
I'm joking dear @Francesca.
Of course nobody want to hurt animals, but it's not correct give them our food.

@MypinchofItaly

Ha Ha Ha .. I agree with you .. However, once in a blue moon, they had a people snack .. but just the ones I mentioned .. These four (4) kit kats were house cats ..

Afterall, wild cats, eat fruit, herbs, grass, amongst other wild growing agricultural products ..

They require greens for their digestive facilities ..

Have a lovely evening ..

Cinnamon likes chicken, pork, beef, green beans and Brussels Sprouts.
He does not like any dog food on the market but he did one time enjoy a can of beef flavored cat food. He ate it at my mom's house. He did look a bit strange in the middle of about 8 cats. We brought a can home and he wouldn't touch it.

He does not like any dog food on the market but he did one time enjoy a can of beef flavored cat food. He ate it at my mom's house. He did look a bit strange in the middle of about 8 cats. We brought a can home and he wouldn't touch it.

@Cinisajoy

Humorous ..

Have a nice afternoon ..
Thank you for sharing your dog´s adventure ..

Our dogs always eat the same food as us, as did all our previous ones. They never have health problems other than age related, and all have lived long and healthy lives - our last two lived until 12 years (a labrador) and 23 years (a Jack Russell terrier). I wouldn't feed my dogs on anything that I wouldn't eat myself, and I certainly wouldn't feed them rubbish made in a pet food factory.

@MypinchofItaly, @Francesca - you both missed my point! I know that egg yolk is high in cholesterol, but the old theory that eating cholesterol leads to increased levels of arterial cholesterol has been discredited, as it was based on very dubious science. You need not worry about eating eggs. Or prawns, crabs, lobster, octopus, squid, liver, kidney etc - all similarly high in cholesterol.

Back
Top Bottom