What are Your Favorite Style Eggs & Egg Dishes ?

@MypinchofItaly, @Francesca - you both missed my point! I know that egg yolk is high in cholesterol, but the old theory that eating cholesterol leads to increased levels of arterial cholesterol has been discredited, as it was based on very dubious science. You need not worry about eating eggs. Or prawns, crabs, lobster, octopus, squid, liver, kidney etc - all similarly high in cholesterol.

@epicuric

In Spain, the National Government Health Insurance Clinics, beg to differ with you.

I am going to scan the Government National Health Clinic document ( it is in Spanish ) on those foods recommended, those to eat in Moderation and those that are a complete no !

Have a lovely day and let us get back on track .. We all have our medical doctors who advise us, and I know and respect my Doctor a long time ..

This is not a medical post !

Have a great weekend ..

Our dogs always eat the same food as us, as did all our previous ones. They never have health problems other than age related, and all have lived long and healthy lives - our last two lived until 12 years (a labrador) and 23 years (a Jack Russell terrier). I wouldn't feed my dogs on anything that I wouldn't eat myself, and I certainly wouldn't feed them rubbish made in a pet food factory.
My greyhound and I often have the same foods, although his is minus any dog-unfriendly stuff - in fact he won't even touch a lot of the dog unfriendly stuff anyway. He does have commercially made dog food as well, but it is far higher in protein than most normal dog food and is made especially for greyhounds (although he had the "resting" variety, not the "racing" variety which is 29%). He does have one other commercially made food, but there is absolutely nothing in there that a human could not eat and it has no nasty preservatives or other junk in it. Otherwise he has chicken, cheese, fish, potatoes, fresh green veg, fresh fruit, eggs, yoghurt, Weetabix, and whey pancakes - all of which, except the fish, I eat as well.

It's the cats that are the "problem" - one will eat anything, one is very finicky, and the other one is so old she has trouble eating a lot of food. They (and the mutt) still stick to me like glue when there's home-made pizza or chips on my plate!

@epicuric

In Spaineggs

e National Government Health Insurance Clinics, beg to differ with you.

I am going to scan the Government National Health Clinic document ( it is in Spanish ) on those foods recommended, those to eat in Moderation and those that are a complete no !

Have a lovely day and let us get back on track .. We all have our medical doctors who advise us, and I know and respect my Doctor a long time ..

This is not a medical post !

Have a great weekend ..
Here in Australia, they are now saying the same thing. Eggs are not bad for you and you don't need to restrict your intake to one or two a week. As stated the old myth had been scientifically debunked and is no longer valid.

The Australian heart foundation's view on eggs.
https://www.heartfoundation.org.au/healthy-eating/food-and-nutrition/protein-foods/eggs

The cholesterol in eggs has almost no effect on our blood cholesterol levels. Your cholesterol levels are more influenced by the saturated and trans fat we eat.

And

You can eat up to 6 eggs each week. That could be 1 egg most days of the week, or a serve of eggs (2 eggs) in 2 or 3 meals a week.

Eggs are protein foods. Aim for 1–3 serves of protein foods each day (lean meat, poultry, fish, eggs, nuts and seeds, or legumes). Read more about serves of protein foods

You'll find similar for the UK.

@SatNavSaysStraightOn

We are all from a broad spectrum of nations and have our Doctors & our own Medical Regulations on Dietary Issues for different ailments or diseases and suggested recommended nutritional advice and diets ..

We are all free to select what we wish to eat and if the Government National Clinics and / or Private Physicians of other countries differ from my native land, Spain, I would follow Spanish Medical Doctors of the Instituto de Salud de Epaña.

" The máximum amount of whole eggs, including the White & The Yolk, in Spain are three eggs Máximum a week ( 7 days ) " .. This is the High Cholesterol Dietary Advice given here after an extensive analysis of course and tests ( blood, urine, blood pressure ).

The Whites of the Egg can be eaten every day ..

Have a wonderful day ..

Last edited:
@MypinchofItaly

Ha Ha Ha .. I agree with you .. However, once in a blue moon, they had a people snack .. but just the ones I mentioned .. These four (4) kit kats were house cats ..

Afterall, wild cats, eat fruit, herbs, grass, amongst other wild growing agricultural products ..

They require greens for their digestive facilities ..

Have a lovely evening ..

Wild cats, precisely.

@MypinchofItaly

All 4 of these British Short Hair Kitties lived until they were all 22 years old !!!!

They were all very dazzling dynamic in their own way !!

House cats, eat certain types of plants !! It is to digest and loosen the hair balls that they produce as they are " self laundering " constantly ..

They vomit the hairballs up, and veggies in cat food ( Science Feed ) for example, have beef with vegetables, fish with vegetables, chicken with vegetables etcetra, help house cats, to excrete the hair ball instead of vomiting the hairballs ..

Have a lovely weekend ..

Last edited:
@MypinchofItaly, @Francesca - you both missed my point! I know that egg yolk is high in cholesterol, but the old theory that eating cholesterol leads to increased levels of arterial cholesterol has been discredited, as it was based on very dubious science. You need not worry about eating eggs. Or prawns, crabs, lobster, octopus, squid, liver, kidney etc - all similarly high in cholesterol.

I got the point well. Of course I eat eggs but not so often. It's all in the quantity and I know there are other foods that raise cholesterol, but here they strongly recommend not eating certain foods (eggs in this case) for more than twice a week. Here that science has not been discredited.

@MypinchofItaly

All 4 of these British Short Hair Kitties lived until they were all 22 years old !!!!

They were all very dazzling dynamic in their own way !!

House cats, eat certain types of plants !! It is to digest and loosen the hair balls that they produce as they are " self laundering " constantly ..

They vomit the hairballs up, and veggies in cat food ( Science Feed ) for example, have beef with vegetables, fish with vegetables, chicken with vegetables etcetra, help house cats, to excrete the hair ball instead of vomiting the hairballs ..

Have a lovely weekend ..

Ok Dear!
But I don't have cats....only dog!

@MypinchofItaly

Spain´s máximum on whole eggs ( White & Yolk ) are 3 eggs a week Máximum.

Basically, by products of animals are recommended in " moderation " or are a No No ..

It is highly recommended to use Evoo verses animal fats ..

And very little red meat.

They recommend: Fish, scaled and fin types and chicken with out skin.

Moderation: Calamari and Prawns, Lobster and Crab.

It is up to the Doctor who has one´s blood work to determine what is best ..

One can do research on topic, and one has to decide what is good for them ..

Have a lovely day ..

I've never really taken any notice of doctor's research when considering what food to eat. The recommendations change every fortnight anyway.

"Go to work on an egg".

Not that I go to work anymore.

@MypinchofItaly

Spain´s máximum on whole eggs ( White & Yolk ) are 3 eggs a week Máximum.

Basically, by products of animals are recommended in " moderation " or are a No No ..

It is highly recommended to use Evoo verses animal fats ..

And very little red meat.

They recommend: Fish, scaled and fin types and chicken with out skin.

Moderation: Calamari and Prawns, Lobster and Crab.

It is up to the Doctor who has one´s blood work to determine what is best ..

One can do research on topic, and one has to decide what is good for them ..

Have a lovely day ..

In Italy is the same....but I disagree about the skin of chicken...wow!! I love it! So crunchy and savoury..!! If it is also a bit burned I go crazy :hyper:
I do not eat chicken often, but when there is, nothing to escape ... maybe the bones ...:happy:

Last edited:
In Italy is the same....but I disagree about the skin of chichen...wow!! I love it! So crunchy and savoury..!! If it is also a bit burned I go crazy :hyper:
I do not eat chicken often, but when there is, nothing to escape ... maybe the bones ...:happy:

@MypinchofItaly

I agree with you but if you have been diagnosed with High Cholesterol, then, you have to be on a strict no fat diet ..

If you do not have this genetic condition, then you can eat in moderation ..

I know alot about High Cholesterol nutrtional data because my dad has had issues with high cholesterol. It is under control because he is careful, at restaurants and at home, my mom is on top of the situation as well ..

Have a lovely day dear ..

I will solve the egg dilemma,
Researcher A specifically found that yes eggs do raise cholesterol. He was hired by someone wanting to reduce egg consumption.
Researcher B found the exact opposite. He was hired by someone wanting to increase egg consumption.
Researcher C found that in extreme quantities eggs can raise cholesterol. (Note: this is a dozen a day every day for several months. ) He was hired by someone wondering why two different researchers found different things.

So rather than argue, do what is best for your health.

Back
Top Bottom