What are your interest/hobbies - besides cooking

poker and poker chip sets. I have five sets. Two are custom.

one of the custom sets is sunsets. My wife and I celebrated or 20th anniversary in Mexico. We loved the sunsets. I decided to create a design that would commemorate our marriage

The second custom set is bourbon themed..... well. because I enjoy drinking bourbon :)

I also am a big dog person.
20170626_055000.jpg
20171004_183403.jpg
20171229_182103.jpg
20180131_193157.jpg
20180106_101451.jpg

I love aerospace. I had at one time, a private pilots license and flew single engine land aircraft.

I just happened to find one of the earliest photos I ever had taken with one of my first cameras and it captures me ready for my first flight in a private aircraft, 1976, Boca Chica, Florida Keys.

FirstFlight.png

My 2nd flight was in a 747 to San Francisco, CA in '76.

My hobby (since age 11) became my career. My oldest brother taught me scuba diving then. That turned into commercial diving (AS degree) and then to recreational training up to the instructor level. I dabble with the guitar and Cajun accordion. I've pretty much kept reptiles all my life and in my 20ies had a very large collection of crotalids, mostly north American rattlesnakes with a few exotics mixed in. One of my pet peeves are folks calling snakes poisonous, snakes, some lizards and spiders are venomous. We've bred Emerald Tree Boas (ETB), both species. Spearfishing and U/W hunting in general. BBQ and grilling. Obviously cooking.

Last edited:
My hobby (since age 11) became my career. My oldest brother taught me scuba diving then. That turned into commercial diving (AS degree) and then to recreational training up to the instructor level. I dabble with the guitar and Cajun accordion. I've pretty much kept reptiles all my life and in my 20ies had a very large collection of crotalids, mostly north American rattlesnakes with a few exotics mixed in. We've bred Emerald Tree Boas (ETB), both spieces. Spearfishing and U/W hunting in general. BBQ and grilling. Obviously cooking.

I've had many hobbies. Done many things. It's not surprising that we have much in common, including diving and herpetology. I've never kept huge numbers of reptiles however. Just a few, incl,uding at one time, a Burmese Python.

I like Chameleons.

I've had many hobbies. Done many things. It's not surprising that we have much in common, including diving and herpetology. I've never kept huge numbers of reptiles however. Just a few, incl,uding at one time, a Burmese Python.

I like Chameleons.

The state of Florida has banned the keeping/breeding/selling of "Reptiles of Special Concern". They include the giant constrictors and Nile Monitor. This is mainly do to the misconception that the breeding populations of Burmese, Afrock and the hybred Burmese/Afrock cross, in the Everglades are the result of people letting their "pet" pythons go. The real culprit, hurricane Andrew. It destroyed several import facilities. The descendants have the same DNA as the snakes from the locations they were harvested from back then. That was in '92. The time the snakes started showing up was about 10 years later. The time it would take to establish a breeding population. I've got news for those misinformed, they weren't the only reptiles to escape those facilities. Many species of venomous snakes also escaped, but because they don't lay as many eggs (Burmese and Afrocks can lay up to 100 at at time) or have as many live births, haven't been really noticed, but they are out there.

a few odd things here..
electronics (mostly RF), electric guitar (tube amps), machining (lathe, welders, 3D printer, etc.), hot glass working (kilns), back-country hiking (less now that the dog has passed on),
..and dangerous science experiments..which occasionally turn into yet another hobby! :wacky:

Here is my clay addiction...er hobby...ok more like my living...i teach pottery at a local life long learning community center.

7A3CA561-7DAF-4DD8-9724-0C66AB47465B.jpeg

E99CE4FD-0A08-404B-B258-1A76FC600C18.jpeg

And then of course there is the hobby of selling said creations cause elsewise you would be hip deep in pots

6A1B5528-21B5-4C85-BD4D-B848F8429C91.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom