What are your thoughts on Oat Flour?

pinkcherrychef

Local time
9:13 AM
Rcently I've been making my own oat flour and using it in replace of white flour. It's much healthier and isn't bleached like the white flour.

I wondered though are oats gluten free? I'm always trying to be extra healthy so cutting out gluten when I can is always a plus for me.

What are your thoughts or knowledge on oat flour? Have you ever used it? Would you ever use it?
Let me know down below.

I'm always trying to be extra healthy so cutting out gluten when I can is always a plus for me.

Could you please point me in the direction of a reputable source that suggests that gluten is unhealthy. Unless you're gluten-intolerant, I'm unaware of any health issues

What are your thoughts or knowledge on oat flour? Have you ever used it?

Yes - I've been using oat flour in cooking for more than 30 years. You don't need much but it can add fantastic flavour, particularly to loaves or soups.

You will find that the Celtic regions of W Europe (Wales, Scotland & Ireland) have used oats in their cooking for hundreds of years. If you're looking for different ways to use oats then check out some recipes from any of these cuisines

Could you please point me in the direction of a reputable source that suggests that gluten is unhealthy. Unless you're gluten-intolerant, I'm unaware of any health issues

Yes - I've been using oat flour in cooking for more than 30 years. You don't need much but it can add fantastic flavour, particularly to loaves or soups.

You will find that the Celtic regions of W Europe (Wales, Scotland & Ireland) have used oats in their cooking for hundreds of years. If you're looking for different ways to use oats then check out some recipes from any of these cuisines
There are so many websites out there and videos explaining why gluten can be a big problem for your body.
If you wanted a trusted site and the medical proof the best site i can recommend is this one
https://www.doctoroz.com/episode/gluten-secretly-destroying-your-health
watch all 3 parts to fully understand
Also as far as i know of I'm not allergic or have any health problems when it comes to gluten. Members of my family have had major problems with gluten though. however I don't have any problems with gluten. So I'm not very concerned with gluten free stuff but I do like keeping myself healthy. I watch my intake on gluten and I try to cut gluten out of some foods as best as I can. Being healthy is always my main goal in cooking.

If you wanted a trusted site and the medical proof the best site i can recommend is this one
https://www.doctoroz.com/episode/gluten-secretly-destroying-your-health

I can only say be careful what you choose to believe. Dr Oz has been exposed as a fake in the past.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/michae...sons-you-should-follow-his-lead/#47e081eb5fe1

We are rather off topic here. If you want to have a debate about gluten and whether its bad for your health then can I suggest either you, @pinkcherrychef or @Wandering Bob start a new thread please?

I can only say be careful what you choose to believe. Dr Oz has been exposed as a fake in the past.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/michae...sons-you-should-follow-his-lead/#47e081eb5fe1

We are rather off topic here. If you want to have a debate about gluten and whether its bad for your health then can I suggest either you, @pinkcherrychef or @Wandering Bob start a new thread please?
Oh I'm not debating ^-^ they just asked a question about it so I answered them. I don't really know much about Dr. Oz honestly so I don't know about his creditation. I'm still on topic about the oat flour don't worry.

@Wandering Bob about your information on oat flour being used commonly in celtic regions that's very interesting. I've never heard of that, although I did know some used oat flour from an old tv show. A character was making a hot cake with oat flour. I never knew it was a popular thing though. I will look up some of thier recipes thank you. I wonder why they choose oat flour.

I'm not sure of the reasons but I suspect it's to do with climate. Oat probably survives better in wetter, cooler conditions than wheat for example.
Hmm maybe. It's an interesting thing to look into. I'm a real nerd when it comes to learning about this stuff lol. I love researching food orgins and stuff like that.

Back
Top Bottom