What Atrocious Food that you hated as a kid, but still wouldn't Eat today?

Eels.jpg

Eels!!

Gross! Eew!!! :sick:

Most of the inedible bilge that was plonked down in front of me for school dinners. The desserts were particularly noxious, usually involving some form of hideous pink custard. I can only assume that the school canteen acquired a job lot of the stuff somewhere.

Any form of insects....

View attachment 4865

Were eels and insects food from your childhood?

Most of the inedible bilge that was plonked down in front of me for school dinners. The desserts were particularly noxious, usually involving some form of hideous pink custard. I can only assume that the school canteen acquired a job lot of the stuff somewhere.

Same here. School custard was either, green, pink or brown and usually lumpy. It took me years and years before I started to eat custard and even now, I don't put a lot on. The first time I tried proper fresh custard was a revelation.

Were eels and insects food from your childhood?

Same here. School custard was either, green, pink or brown and usually lumpy. It took me years and years before I started to eat custard and even now, I don't put a lot on. The first time I tried proper fresh custard was a revelation.

Never ate them then, not now, not EVER!!! :sick:

I had strange experiences at school because I decided to go vegetarian when I was 10. They gave me very strange dinners which I had to eat because they were free (In the UK you got (still get?) school dinner free if your parents earned under a certain amount). In those days the dinner ladies knew very little about vegetarian cooking. For example, I got big slabs of processed cheese along with the vegetables that everyone else had. Nasty rubbery cheese... but I ate it.

When I was in high school, no one would eat there. Not even the 900 free lunch kids.
The food superintendent sent our school the cheapest food he could find because all but 25 kids were on free lunch. We may have been poor but all the parents cooked good food.
So he closed the campus thinking it would force us to eat the crappy food.
The only thing that accomplished was no one eating lunch. The cafeteria lady asked for a meeting with the 25 students not on free lunch.
She told us if we each gave her a dollar, she would go to the grocery store to get what she needed to make the food better. Word got out quickly, so she had a full cafeteria. After that we got the same foods they sent to the rich schools.

Back
Top Bottom