What Atrocious Food that you hated as a kid, but still wouldn't Eat today?

Anything with fish in it. and by the time I was 11, anything with meat in it as well.
It took me a year or so to learn about things like gelatine and other such hidden ingredients. but I still can't stand the smell of certain fish, mostly of the tinned variety. tired sardines or kippers are the worst offenders. my grandma used to rest them for breakfast everyday. that and sterilised milk... ahhhhh

Bugs. I hate bugs.

Over many years of hiking, camping, canoeing, biking, and inline skating, I've swallowed a lot of bugs unintentionally.

I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would want to eat them on purpose, with their legs and wings sticking in your throat.

Not even glasshoppers?

grasshoppers.jpg

Ed Zachary!!!

I just read about a pro baseball stadium here that is selling out of their chili lime grasshoppers at every game.

No thank you, you sick bastiges.

LEGS! Stuck in throat!

Nope, no way. Not in their God given form.

I've eaten bugs before in survival classes/courses, but for people with squeamish guts like me, the critters need to be ground up into a soup.
I can survive without texture, or mouth feel.

Jellied eels, tripe, winkles, celery, and school dinners (except for the semolina - for some reason our school had that to an absolute T). I'm allergic to all forms of seafood, and celery, so perhaps even in those days my body was trying to tell me something.

Oh, I see. I looked them up: periwinkles.

I love those. I guess you're big on whelks, or snails, or the like?

Eta: nevermind, I see you are allergic.

Back
Top Bottom