What Atrocious Food that you hated as a kid, but still wouldn't Eat today?

Orange foods except for: Mandarines, Tangerines and Naval Thick Skinn
That's a curious one. What about carrots or squash or melon - or sea urchin?

img_4445.jpg

I have a few that I have never eaten and never shall:

1) Insects of any kind ( Bichos ! )
2) Rodents of any kind including Rabbit ..
3) Industrialised Milk ..
4) Orange foods except for: Mandarines, Tangerines and Naval Thick Skinned Oranges.

Good post ..
Have a lovely day ..

Not even barbecued rat? Very tasty apparently.

barbecued rat.jpg

That's a curious one. What about carrots or squash or melon - or sea urchin?

View attachment 10273

@morning glory

Sea Urchin is a delicacy and I have had it several times at Michelin level restaurants when in season.

I do not like Cantelope. I however, love the native and indigenious, extremely pale icy Green melón called: Piel de Sapo (the skin of a toad in English) from Ciudad Real, Castilla La Mancha. It is not a large export. We do however, export the seeds .. It is very similar in profile to Persian Melon .. And it is a fave amongst Spaniards ..

I do not care for pumpkin, "calabaza", a West African type of pumpkin fusión squash used predominately in South America and other Latin American countries; or yellow or orange squash.

I see your incorpórate it alot in your récipes, however, I would sub courgette ..

I adore courgette and sub courgette for all other types of squash .. Not a fave veggie ..

We all have our "pet peeves" .. And our grand likes !!

Have a lovely day ..

@morning glory

Sea Urchin is a delicacy and I have had it several times at Michelin level restaurants when in season.

I do not like Cantelope. I however, love the native and indigenious, extremely pale icy Green melón called: Piel de Sapo (the skin of a toad in English) from Ciudad Real, Castilla La Mancha. It is not a large export. We do however, export the seeds .. It is very similar in profile to Persian Melon .. And it is a fave amongst Spaniards ..

I do not care for pumpkin, "calabaza", a West African type of pumpkin fusión squash used predominately in South America and other Latin American countries; or yellow or orange squash.

I see your incorpórate it alot in your récipes, however, I would sub courgette ..

I adore courgette and sub courgette for all other types of squash .. Not a fave veggie ..

We all have our "pet peeves" .. And our grand likes !! Carrots, I like raw only .. I enjoy them as a cruditie .. I may use in a classic Minnestrone or dish but very tiny amounts .. Just do not like the taste when cooked .. I like them raw ..

Have a lovely day ..

Perhaps I do, but personally I don't like squash or sweet potatoes - I don't eat either of them! I cook them for others. I'm not over keen on courgettes either which I find a bit insipid - I prefer the much maligned vegetable marrow.

@morning glory

We all have our "pet peeves" .. And our grand likes !!

Have a lovely day ..

@Francesca don't you like cantelope melon? I love it a lot, more than watermelon.
I love sea urchin and I could eat a million! And maybe I did..

@Francesca don't you like cantelope melon? I love it a lot, more than watermelon.
I love sea urchin and I could eat a million! And maybe I did..

@MypinchofItaly

Yes, I like Sea Urchin .. As I mentioned above. I had it at Michelin Restaurant El Celler de Can Roca on several occasions and in Sydney, at a Multi Michelin Restaurant ..

I do not like Cantelope ..

The only melón I am very fond of is: Piel de Sapo ( the skin of a toad ) which is a very light light Green and indigenious to Ciudad Real, in Castilla La Mancha .. Its´ profile is very very parallel to a Persian Melon .. It is rarely exported ..

Have a lovely day ..

@Yorky

Pardon, Dear, these rodents are disgusting !

Enjoy, each to his or her own !!!

The 1st dish you have made that is atrocious !!

It is not mine!

A friend sent me the picture from Kalasin about 150 km north of here.

There is no way I would eat it.

And I've eaten some strange stuff.

@MypinchofItaly

Yes, I like Sea Urchin .. As I mentioned above. I had it at Michelin Restaurant El Celler de Can Roca on several occasions and in Sydney, at a Multi Michelin Restaurant ..

I do not like Cantelope ..

The only melón I am very fond of is: Piel de Sapo ( the skin of a toad ) which is a very light light Green and indigenious to Ciudad Real, in Castilla La Mancha .. Its´ profile is very very parallel to a Persian Melon .. It is rarely exported ..

Have a lovely day ..

Yes I've read your post. Sea Urchin was detached from the cantelope topic.

It is not mine!

A friend sent me the picture from Kalasin about 150 km north of here.

There is no way I would eat it.

And I've eaten some strange stuff.

@Yorky

Absolutely agree with you .. No way would I eat rodents .. or insects .. Repulsive ..

Have a great day ..

Back
Top Bottom