What Atrocious Food that you hated as a kid, but still wouldn't Eat today?

I have a few that I have never eaten and never shall:

1) Insects of any kind ( Bichos ! )
2) Rodents of any kind including Rabbit ..
3) Industrialised Milk ..
4) Orange foods except for: Mandarines, Tangerines and Naval Thick Skinned Oranges.

Good post ..
Have a lovely day ..
Same here, but I don't mind a bit of rabbit occasionally. I have to be in the mood to eat it now, although we used to have it a lot in my younger days.

Steamed oysters.
Cornbread. I know, crazy. but theres something about the combination of the cornmeal and the sweetness that just offends my personal palette.
On the other hand, I like deep fried corn fritters just fine. Go figger.

Same here, but I don't mind a bit of rabbit occasionally. I have to be in the mood to eat it now, although we used to have it a lot in my younger days.

The two pieces either side of the spine in the lower back. Bloody luvverly. My dear old mum used to stew rabbit quite a lot. Probably a custom from the war years.

Steamed oysters.
Cornbread. I know, crazy. but theres something about the combination of the cornmeal and the sweetness that just offends my personal palette.
On the other hand, I like deep fried corn fritters just fine. Go figger.

I've never had steamed oysters and I wouldn't want to try them. Why would anyone want to steam them? I absolutely adore oysters - but cooking them is a travesty! Cornbread - I absolutely agree. I don't like sweetcorn either. I've not had deep fried corn fritters but suspect I wouldn't like them either.
Were you really fed steamed oysters as a child @Slumgullioneer?! :sick:

The two pieces either side of the spine in the lower back. Bloody luvverly. My dear old mum used to stew rabbit quite a lot. Probably a custom from the war years.
My Dad (and, later, I) used to breed pedigree show rabbits. I think during the war the only way he could justify keeping them was to breed ordinary rabbits for food. He continued to do this in the 1950s when meat was still rationed. I know we didn't eat all those rabbits ourselves. My grandmother used to have skins off of us. As in her younger days she was a shoemaker and repairer, she may have used them for trimming slippers, etc. I really can't remember now. Even in the 1990s I used to use rabbit skins to make lures for birds of prey.

I've just remembered that my top two on this list are often combined in a sandwich in this part of the world - beetroot and salad cream. A favourite of tractor drivers for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom