What color is your kitchen & what do you collect ?

My kitchen is white walls and various color surfaces and appliances. I collect dust and clutter. My kitchen will never have its day in Architectural Digest.

That could make cooking in the nude awkward. :eek: Not that I cook nude. Heck, I don't even like seeing myself in the mirror when I open up the shower curtain...
I am sure that's not true, but it did remind me of a joke I once heard, something along the lines of:

My wife was moaning again last night "I get so fed up when I look in the mirror- my boobs are sagging, my a**e has drooped, I've got stretch marks all over" etc. etc.
I turned to her and said "Look on the bright side dear, at least there's nothing wrong with your eyesight"

I collect clutter and dust! Clutter when I'm cooking or baking, and dust from the flour which always seems to settle after you've cleaned up. One of the joys of having black and aluminium kitchen appliances, I suppose :laugh:

I cleaned out one of my kitchen cupboards tonight - the corner one under the sink and microwave in my photo. I found some plates in there which belonged to my Mum and are older than me! I also ended up with two large dustbin bags full of junk - god knows how I managed that from just one cupboard, but most of them were freezer containers and foil dishes that had seen better days. The cupboard is still heaving though.....

Last edited:

@
I am sure that's not true, but it did remind me of a joke I once heard, something along the lines of:

My wife was moaning again last night "I get so fed up when I look in the mirror- my boobs are sagging, my a**e has drooped, I've got stretch marks all over" etc. etc.
I turned to her and said "Look on the bright side dear, at least there's nothing wrong with your eyesight"

:devil::devil:

Among the various bits and pieces in the kitchen is this character:

duckhead.JPG

He is a fridge magnet and serves no particular purpose. Duckhead, as he is known, disappeared for some time in the events following the flood (posts passim). However, we rediscovered him, a little scuffed but otherwise unharmed and he has returned to his traditional spot on the side of the fridge.

I used to have a set of alphabet fridge magnets so we could leave messages or set crossword clues. Aside from that they are one of life's pointless accessories IMHO.

I used to have a set of alphabet fridge magnets so we could leave messages or set crossword clues. Aside from that they are one of life's pointless accessories IMHO.

@morning glory

Ha Ha .. We had our kitchen remodelled and renovated not too long ago .. And we decided to go minimalistic in the kitchen and dining área ..

I used to have tons of them but luckily my daughter in laws, have country kitchens and so, it worked out nicely.

Have a nice evening ..

I collect clutter and dust! Clutter when I'm cooking or baking, and dust from the flour which always seems to settle after you've cleaned up. One of the joys of having black and aluminium kitchen appliances, I suppose :laugh:

I cleaned out one of my kitchen cupboards tonight - the corner one under the sink and microwave in my photo. I found some plates in there which belonged to my Mum and are older than me! I also ended up with two large dustbin bags full of junk - god knows how I managed that from just one cupboard, but most of them were freezer containers and foil dishes that had seen better days. The cupboard is still heaving though.....
You sure that wasn't a sigh of relief because now something else can multiply under there.
Or is it just my kitchen that things seem to multiply on their own?

My kitchen is made of glass.
There's a shop near us where we got our glass splashbacks made that also make glass worktops. Lovely to look at and surprisingly practical apparently :unsure:

My kitchen is mostly white: white gloss cabinets, white sparkly quartz worktops, and half the walls are white. The other half of the walls are lime green and the splashbacks are purple (sounds a bit of an odd combination, but works because they're opposites on the colour wheel). I don't really collect anything unless you include kitchen gadgets - but those mostly live in cupboards, and I've really tried to stop buying things now. I guess you could says we've gone for a minimalist look - but that was more accidental than intentional - it does make it easier to keep things clean though :laugh:

There's a shop near us where we got our glass splashbacks made that also make glass worktops. Lovely to look at and surprisingly practical apparently :unsure:

My kitchen is mostly white: white gloss cabinets, white sparkly quartz worktops, and half the walls are white. The other half of the walls are lime green and the splashbacks are purple (sounds a bit of an odd combination, but works because they're opposites on the colour wheel). I don't really collect anything unless you include kitchen gadgets - but those mostly live in cupboards, and I've really tried to stop buying things now. I guess you could says we've gone for a minimalist look - but that was more accidental than intentional - it does make it easier to keep things clean though :laugh:

@MrsDangermouse, have a wonderful summer. Thank you for your participation.

When we had our kitchen renovated from "country French rustic with lots of wood " to Barcelona Urbanist City Apartment Minimalistic, we had decided to do away with too many collections and dust collectors as we both travel a lot for our professions. Lucky, one of my daughter in laws was elated to receive a box of rustic country dust collectors .. she divided them amongst her Crèperie and her kitchen !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom