What cookware would you recommend?

apun77

Local time
2:26 AM
I’m looking to buy new pots and pans and such and I’m not sure what to buy. I’d like some variety to my cookware but I don’t want to get ripped off. I’ve been thinking about ceramic cookware but I don’t know what brand to buy or where to go to get some. I’m really open to non ceramic cookware as well though.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

IMG_20161019_142650621.jpg

I got this orange cookware set from Ginny's Most everything in the kitchen is in orange, including the microwave!! :wink:

Last edited:
I was going to start listing things that I consider essential, and then I remembered that it was done more comprehensively here:

https://www.seriouseats.com/2013/12/gift-guide-essential-pots-and-pans-presents-for-home-cooks.html

He even includes uses for each item and links to purchase examples of both high-end and budget-priced options for each item.

But, I have to say that - unlike Chef Lopez-Alt - I haven't had a need for a three-quart saucier or a dutch oven. The things I use most often are large and small nonstick pans, a large cast iron pan, and large and small cook pots. I'm glad he also included baking sheets and casserole pans, since I frequently use these, too. I can do everything I need to do with these things.

I also get a lot of use out of a pressure cooker. I don't consider pressure cookers to be essential, but they certainly do save a lot of time.

Last edited:
I like stainless steel cookware also, but the most aggravating thing is when you're cooking starchy foods like potatoes, rice, pasta or dried beans, those foods tend to leave a white film inside, causing you to have to scrub the insides of them!! That is so annoying!! :mad::headshake:

Last edited:
I’m looking to buy new pots and pans and such and I’m not sure what to buy. I’d like some variety to my cookware but I don’t want to get ripped off. I’ve been thinking about ceramic cookware but I don’t know what brand to buy or where to go to get some. I’m really open to non ceramic cookware as well though.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you my issue has been solved.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm all about my All Clad Ltd. It's a bit pricey, but it is open stock, so you can build a proper set over time. or you can go to consumer science and consumer affairs they have all the latest scoop on all the different brands.
good luck

Most of my cooking is done in heavy stainless pots and pans with a clad copper bottom and glass lids. I can not function without cast iron. I have several skillets, a grill pan and a huge Dutch oven. I use the Dutch oven for braising . Some of my cast iron is over 100 years old. I also have an assortment of soup and stock pots both stainless and aluminum. When you live in south Louisiana a propane boiling set up is a requirement. A HUGE aluminum boiling pot for shrimp, crabs and crawfish. Also great for a boiled dinner with ham or corned beef.

I like stainless steel cookware also, but the most aggravating thing is when you're cooking starchy foods like potatoes, rice, pasta or dried beans, those foods tend to leave a white film inside, causing you to have to scrub the insides of them!! That is so annoying!! :mad::headshake:
The white film in the pots have no longer been a problem to me. I discovered that CLR in a sprayer bottle works like a charm. Since then, I started using Melaleuca products which are non chemical. Their product called Tub n Tile works just as well. Spray the product of choice in a mostly dry kettle, if possible, let it stand a bit, then take a nylon dishcloth or scrubber and presto! Your pot is shiny again. If the film is especially heavy, it may take a repeat application.

Back
Top Bottom