What did you cook, eat or drink today (August 2018)?

IMG_0480a.jpg

Spicy Moroccan Lentil tagine, with chickpeas, tomatoes, onions, dates (got them in again), flavoured with ras el hanout and spiced up with harissa paste. I will try and post up the recipe for the challenge.

Followed by strawberry cake for pudding to use up some of the allotment strawberries (totally forgot to take a photo before we ate it).
It looks pretty dense, but actually it was really light....I'll try and remember to post the recipe tomorrow, Pretty sure I'll be making this one again!
G1YoyG3.jpg

Followed by strawberry cake for pudding to use up some of the allotment strawberries (totally forgot to take a photo before we ate it).
It looks pretty dense, but actually it was really light....I'll try and remember to post the recipe tomorrow, Pretty sure I'll be making this one again!
G1YoyG3.jpg

Please do post the recipe. It looks lovely.

I went out yesterday morning and found some red cayennes so I replaced the green Thai chillis with them.

fresh chillis and cayenne s.jpg

It turned out pretty spicy so I'm glad I have nowhere to go this morning.

cooking s.jpg

6 x 450gm portions in that pot.

With bread s.jpg

Belly pork is lovely. Was it a slow cook dish? It reminds me to post a Vietnamese belly pork dish...

Yes, fairly slow (about 1.5-2 hours), it's another vintage recipe, I can post it if you like with the changes I made. The original recipe calls for 2 oz of lard!! I could feel my arteries begging for mercy just reading that, besides which I don't like the taste of lard in a recipe anyway.

I'll be posting quite a few of these vintage recipes even though I prefer modern recipes as they tend to make better use of flavours. I have far too many recipe books and this particular recipe book is falling apart. The idea is to cook as many recipes as possible from this book, rate them and keep the ones that were a hit. Then either pass the book on or dump it.

Back
Top Bottom