What did you cook, eat or drink today (December 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stuffed jacket potatoes and eggs....

December 12 s.jpg

December 13 s.jpg

Breakfast this morning: croissant sliced open filled with proscuitto ham and brie, in the oven for 4 minutes. We then had strawberries and raspberries a dollop of greek style yogurt and a drizzle of heather honey :thumbsup:

When we lived in Lanark in the mid 70s, heather honey was only available for sale in the furniture shop.

When we lived in Lanark in the mid 70s, heather honey was only available for sale in the furniture shop.

We discovered greek yogurt and heather honey when we were in Kos earlier this year, so we have started to have this at breakfast sometimes, just something a bit different gor a change.

We discovered greek yogurt and heather honey when we were in Kos earlier this year, so we have started to have this at breakfast sometimes, just something a bit different gor a change.

I love greek yogurt too, I use it sometimes in tiramisù or in some rice/pasta dishes to replace cheese (usually goat cheese)
Anyway, it's a good thing to have it at breakfast sometimes for a change

Yesterday, we had prime rib, our mushroom bread pudding (sans the mushroom due to a severe allergy, with black garlic as a substitute), and a spinach/new potato salad with a walnut, onion, bacon, balsamic, walnut oil and bacon fat dressing topped with blue cheese. Buche de Noel for dessert. It was our Christmas with DD and DGDs, plus a couple of guests.

Last edited:
Yesterday, we had prime rib, our mushroom bread pudding (sans the mushroom due to a severe allergy, with black garlic as a substitute), and a spinach/new potato salad with a walnut, onion, bacon, balsamic, walnut oil and bacon fat dressing topped with blue cheese. Buche de Noel for dessert.
Mushroom bread pudding? More info please, it sounds right up my street.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom