What did you cook, eat or drink today (February 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And this could be promising in pastry.

5 s.jpg

I'm really getting into this now!

George is making his wonderful red fish Sauce Piquant. This is a dish usually served over rice. We skip the rice. Sides are baked, savory, sweet potato fries and herb parmesan crusted acorn squash.
My mouth is watering.
Pulled dead plants from my garden boxes. Made a trip to Lowe's for garden soil. sorted seeds. Will start seeds by mid February. plant mid to late March. Cooking is better with fresh garden vegetables.

I'm still in pain but can move with my foot. Very slowly so we just bought a 55 " tv an lg brand , we didn't get the cheaper at 869 so we spent 1200 and got the better picture. Just picked up a cooked chook so dinners fresh bread with lettuce tomato chicken and Mayo sammich. This is one of the times I'm quite generous with salt on this
Sammich. Just having a few bets watching the races. Lettuce and tomatoes from the garden.

Russ

I haven't actually eaten any of the stuff I bought today, largely because my mouth is still a bit numb from getting a filling done. However, I bought some Kashkaval cheese and some Bulgarian goat's cheese, along with a couple of jars of olives. These should go well with said cheese.

All this came from a 'Mediterranean Supermarket' in the West End of Edinburgh. It's quite a new shop and has a very good and diverse selection of stuff. It would have been quite easy to go a bit mad in there, but one has to consider carting the stuff home (as well as not spending every last penny one has).

One hopes that this shop will last a bit longer than many in that part of town, as I was most impressed. They even have quite a bit of Indian stuff and it was ironically amusing to see Patak's garlic pickle on the shelves. We'd been having so much trouble finding it these days that we bought a job lot online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom