What did you cook or eat today, (January 2019)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use only whole egg, no added liquid, I looked at yours and didn't notice any discernible colour change. I don't have a pic of mine but you can see a different colour. I'll post a pic next time I make.

Russ

Yes - whole egg was what I used. Not sure what you mean by colour change as I only showed a finished shot. Are they not golden enough?

We had breakfast for dinner :happy: kippers, tomatoes and mushrooms. Followed by a couple of leftover chocolates from Christmas.

I was supposed to be going out but my friends were snowed in.
I'd happily eat that as well. Reminds me of the greasy spoon Cafes I visited in the uk. :)

Russ

Oh yes. The town my parents and friends live in is cut off from all four routes. We don't have much but being at the end of a cul-de-sac means no grit and a lot of cars turning so we end up with an ice rink outside our house. Last year a neighbour and I had to rescue a stranded van driver.

I'd happily eat that as well. Reminds me of the greasy spoon Cafes I visited in the uk. :)

Russ
Manx kippers are a thing of beauty (husbands grandad was from the Isle of Man so I usually get Manx rather than Scottish, but we had the dull shrink wrapped ones.

Manx kippers are a thing of beauty (husbands grandad was from the Isle of Man so I usually get Manx rather than Scottish, but we had the dull shrink wrapped ones.

Your country has some great food, and many of our dishes originally came from the uk.

Russ

Penne all a vodka. The sauce sans the vodka was already made and in the freezer, so an easy dinner tonight since we decided neither of us really wanted to cook. Found a new Northern Italian restaurant we REALLY want to try, but it's very small, as well as fairly expensive and they only had 5 p.m. or 8:45 p.m. reservations, which were too early and too late for us. Of Trip Advisors, Yelp, and Google, the lowest rating was 4.7 out of 5, plus they were featured on a local dining show a while back and all 3 foodie reviewers loved it. Hopefully next week.

Penne all a vodka. The sauce sans the vodka was already made and in the freezer, so an easy dinner tonight since we decided neither of us really wanted to cook. Found a new Northern Italian restaurant we REALLY want to try, but it's very small, as well as fairly expensive and they only had 5 p.m. or 8:45 p.m. reservations, which were too early and too late for us. Of Trip Advisors, Yelp, and Google, the lowest rating was 4.7 out of 5, plus they were featured on a local dining show a while back and all 3 foodie reviewers loved it. Hopefully next week.

Sounds interesting (the restaurant). And the Penne too!

Chicken Cordon Blu on mustard sauce...
50244584_631353857283826_6650375224241946624_n (2).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom