What did you cook, eat or drink today (March 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
20190319_051049.jpg

IMG_0354.jpg

Reuben Sandwich: corned beef, Swiss, sauerkraut, and a thousand-island-type sauce I made from a dozen or so ingredients, on rye. Not particularly healthy, but I'm willing to accept that for something that's so phenomenally good.

The beef came out somewhat tough, but I was able to get around that by slicing it very thinly.

One I'll be entering in the bacon comp thingy, it's also a burger so imma kill two stones with one bird.

Bacon Wrapped Turkey Burger from Paul Gayler's 'Burgers'. Served on a Brioche bun, watercress, burger, camembert, and topped with a tangy cranberry and green pepper relish.

I could feel my arteries hardening with every bite!

DSC_0972.jpg

One I'll be entering in the bacon comp thingy, it's also a burger so imma kill two stones with one bird.

Bacon Wrapped Turkey Burger from Paul Gayler's 'Burgers'. Served on a Brioche bun, watercress, burger, camembert, and topped with a tangy cranberry and green pepper relish.

View attachment 23131
That looks rather good.

View attachment 23131

That looks absolutely delicious! Nice photo too. :okay:

I also have that book - was going to post about it. Its a brilliant book. I'll get onto that tomorrow.

Yes, as you say an excellent book. Only problem is, if you follow the recipes religiously as I do they are very long winded when you consider that they are 'just' burgers.
I've done several, the most notable that I recall are Vitello Tonnato burger, and this one the Venison burger. I nicknamed this the Leaning Tower of Heart Attack.

12278966_1118298448202126_8286508837312827321_n.jpg

Yes, as you say an excellent book. Only problem is, if you follow the recipes religiously as I do they are very long winded when you consider that they are 'just' burgers.
I've done several, the most notable that I recall are Vitello Tonnato burger, and this one the Venison burger. I nicknamed this the Leaning Tower of Heart Attack.

View attachment 23133

Wow!

Spinach salad with steak, bell peppers, Bleu cheese crumbles, blackberries, pine nuts, and Bleu Cheese dressing.

View attachment 23143
That looks wonderful. I often put fruit into salads as well. Pomegranate seeds go really well in a rice salad, grapes in potato salad and so on, but I've not put blackberries in anything before, except for using in desserts or fruit leathers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom