What did you cook, eat or drink today (March 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made a giant bacon and turkey burger for the Cookingbites Recipe Challenge: Bacon and for the CookingBites Dish of the Month (March): Burgers. Its a 250g burger (1/2 pound) which may not be big by American standards (?) but my partner was unable to eat it all in one sitting!:

fullsizeoutput_431d.jpeg

Snooker today so I investigated the contents of the fridge/freezer earlier to discover what there was to eat after. I found a large container in the fridge that is normally used for samosas and what did I find? There were 5 left!

Glutton for punishment!

served 8 s.jpg

Home from my travels last night and found in the fridge a couple of basa fish fillets that my wife had bought. Never tried these before, but they looked right for tempura battering. We were both impressed with the result - firm but tender fish, not unlike haddock in flavour. I had a go at making tartar sauce to go with them, but with less success. I wanted to do minted peas as well, but with no mint to be found in the garden I used dill (fresh from the packet) instead.
IMG_1140a.jpg

No photo, but lay night I had to raid the freezer again . We've had a week of eating out of the freezer. I came across an unlabelled container that looked a lot more promising the the remains of a couple of my chickens (fox kills from earlier in the week. We freeze them until we next go to the tip - living rurally means no bins collection). The unlabelled container had a nice thick stew in it. At least that's what I thought it had. Instead it was a very hot spicy chilli sans carne (for the coffee challenge recently ). Served without rice or pasta and some fried burger pieces also from the freezer.

I love eggplant, so I make extra eggplant anything. Had a container of meatless eggplant Bolognese in the freezer. Loosely adapted from Martha Stewart etc. Added some red wine, San Marzano tomatoes, garlic, onions, this and that - made in the slow cooker. Served over ziti pasta.

Last edited:
I love eggplant, so I make extra eggplant anything. Had a container of meatless eggplant Bolognese in the freezer. Loosely adapted from Martha Stewart etc. Added some red wine, San Marzano tomatoes, garlic, onions, this and that - made in the slow cooker. Served over ziti pasta.

Planted egg plant for the first time, it died. Lol

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom