What did you cook, eat or drink today (March 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Supper last night
IMG_1110a.jpg

Pork belly (cooked for 72 hours sous vide followed by a short blast in a very hot oven), Bramley apple puree and purple sprouting. The meat juices and bones were cooked down in cider to make a sauce.

Breakfast this morning - galettes saucisse with home made tomato ketchup.
IMG_1111a.jpg

I'll put it on Youtube. It's nowt special.

The gas under that chilli was turned off 7½ hours ago and the pot is still too hot to touch!

Last edited:
Supper last night
View attachment 22813
Pork belly (cooked for 72 hours sous vide followed by a short blast in a very hot oven), Bramley apple puree and purple sprouting. The meat juices and bones were cooked down in cider to make a sauce.

Breakfast this morning - galettes saucisse with home made tomato ketchup.
View attachment 22814

I've got pork belly I need to cook. Soon.

Russ

Breakfast as prepared by our French cycling guest. He's currently on the last leg on Australia having cycled through many countries on the way. He had wanted to cook an evening meal for us ,but we had already cooked the day before. However he loved what we had prepared and in exchange we had a French style omelette for breakfast. He separated the eggs , (visual picture of a chicken asking another chicken the question "now what?" with an egg on either side of her. "the recipe says to beat the whites" ...) best the egg whites to a loose meringue. Whisked the yolks to break them up and added some soya milk to them. Then folded the whites into the yolks, seasoned them generously with both salt and pepper and cooked them over a very low heat in olive oil (hence the slightly green colouring) covering the frying pan with a lid. And at some point it was folded in half. Then sliced into 3 for 3 portions. Hubby got the middle portion .

DSC_3958.JPG

@SatNavSaysStraightOn 's meatball recipe inspired me to make Italian Wedding Soup in the slow cooker, since I have meatballs and orzo pasta. Everything but the pasta and spinach is in the cooker. When I wake up in a few hours, I'll add them in, and serve it topped with grated Parmesan cheese & crusty bread.

https://www.dinneratthezoo.com/italian-wedding-soup/

We had pizza nachos for dinner last night. They were supposed to be pepperoni pizza nachos, but somehow we forgot the pepperoni. They actually did taste like a pizza. Quite good, but would have been even better with the pepperoni I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom