What did you cook, eat or drink today (March 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lunch was topped off with chocolate eclairs . In retrospect, the custard could have been thinner and less of it and the chocolate on the top of the eclairs could have been thinner. It should have been a chocolate icing , but neither of us could find the icing sugar and both of thought we had some . So it became just chocolate instead. Green & Blacks dark chocolate. It's surprisingly easy to get here with the local supermarket selling it!
DSC_4040.JPG

They are all holding each other up. I was doing great until the chocolate was put on the top. Then they started falling over. I guess they were top heavy.

Tea tonight had a bit of a change. It was meant to have been vegan macaroni cheese. But I remembered the jackets in the oven from last night . So I made the vegan cheese sauce because we were taking the extra servings with us for an easy tea that first night . The cheese sauce is primarily cashew nuts, miso (lots of it), freshly ground black pepper, lemon juice (fresh off the tree), garlic, nutritional yeast and water. I added the dark tasty miso and a fresh coffee of garlic in addition to the powdered garlic and I dramatically reduced the salt from 2tsp to 1/2tsp. Next time I won't add any. It didn't need it.

So it was served over a jacket sweet potato with broad beans. It was divine. Neither of us feels over full or stuffed but both of us feel full .
DSC_4046.JPG

Both of us are really beginning to like this new cookbook (this cheese is nuts ).

If tomorrow goes to plan, my usual fantastic presentation skills will find new levels.. .:giggle:

My wife brought 1 kilo of fresh boneless chicken back from the market today with a couple of cartons of yoghurt. "That sounds like chicken tikka" was my first thought.

It's currently marinating in the fridge but I thought I may take two thirds of it to bag tomorrow and freeze.

Has anyone frozen marinated chicken tikka (uncooked) before and was it successful?

Marinade s.jpg

Last night went to a Texas style BBQ joint. Brisket, sausage and sides were great, but the burnt ends were not quite there. Got into a "Q" conversation with one of the owners and was treated to a tour of their pits.

My wife brought 1 kilo of fresh boneless chicken back from the market today with a couple of cartons of yoghurt. "That sounds like chicken tikka" was my first thought.

It's currently marinating in the fridge but I thought I may take two thirds of it to bag tomorrow and freeze.

Has anyone frozen marinated chicken tikka (uncooked) before and was it successful?

View attachment 22931

It never makes it to the freezer here, all gobbled up,lol.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom