What did you cook, eat or drink today (November 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_0874a.jpg

Leftover lamb, warmed in a hot chilli sauce in a pitta with cucumber, tomato, and mint yogurt

I ate one of these éclairs when I came back from a long bike ride this afternoon :

View attachment 20263

Oh man, those look good.

My son has asked that his graduation present in high school be a trip to France. He's in his second year of French class (honors), so he should be fluent by then. I'm going to have to take a crash course before we go so I know that he is not making fun of us to the locals. You know, when they all look at you sideways and do that growly French chuckle...

I pulled out a piece of pork belly this morning that I had put in fridge to defrost Tuesday so I could prep today for dinner tomorrow. After I unrolled and weighed it, realized it was well over twice the size I needed for tomorrow night. So, I cut it into 2 pieces, prepped for tomorrow and went looking for ideas to use the other piece for tonight's dinner. I ended up making a rub of crushed fennel seeds and black peppercorns, plus fresh thyme, garlic, salt, and olive oil. Scored the skin well, massaged the rub in and let it set for almost 5 hours, then slow roasted on a rack for 3 hours, squeezing some lemon juice on it along the way, ans added in some chunked potatoes along the way, and finished the meal by steaming some extra broccoli that was in the fridge. Came out quite good.

2018-11-01 17.55.57.jpg

Last edited:
I ended up making a rub of crushed fennel seeds and black peppercorns, plus fresh thyme, garlic, salt, and olive oil. Scored the skin well, massaged the rub in and let it set for alost 5 hours, then slow roasted on a rack for 3 hours,

That sounds lovely. Its a long while since I ate pork.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom