What did you cook, eat or drink today (November 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife made her version of cajun butter shrimp tonight. Shrimp dusted with old bay, cayenne, and her secret blend of herbs, and sauteed in grapeseed oil and butter.

Side of rice.

My early hours of the morning snack: instant mashed potatoes with chopped chillies and a splash of lemon/ginger sauce topped with a fried egg.

I like instant mashed potatoes sometimes...

My early hours of the morning snack: instant mashed potatoes with chopped chillies and a splash of lemon/ginger sauce topped with a fried egg.

I like instant mashed potatoes sometimes...

If I remember correctly, I didn't like the ones made from powder but they got better when they were made from dried lumps.

Upside-down burger (with grass, beef, ketchup, shallots, pickled jalapeños and tomatoes).

1 s.jpg

2 s.jpg

Sadly, we can't swap/send home-made stuff between our countries. I suppose its understandable really. I presume you could send home-made food to other places in the US.

We should test that theory...

Jus' sayin'.

:whistling:

I'm not sure about current laws, but you used to be able to bring back small amounts of cured meats in vacuum packaging, although our experience was with commercially prepared products, not homemade. And then there's that pesky little cost of $45-50/34-39 GBP for second day to overnight delivery for about 4.5 pounds/2 kg. Yes, I looked at UPS site.

Yes, we can ship homemade goods within U.S.

ETA: And I just looked at UK rules. Wow are they strict, not even cheese is allowed. Wow, just wow.

Last edited:
Today I am working from home and decided to spoil myself with a nice breakfast (as apposed to two cups of coffee at the office). I made guacamole toast with ham and poached eggs, topped with chili flakes :) ok, maybe one and a half poached eggs... one egg white was tragically lost in the process. My poached eggs are still a hit and miss sometimes, but I did nail that runny yolk!

image.jpeg

Today I am working from home and decided to spoil myself with a nice breakfast (as apposed to two cups of coffee at the office). I made guacamole toast with ham and poached eggs, topped with chili flakes :) ok, maybe one and a half poached eggs... one egg white was tragically lost in the process. My poached eggs are still a hit and miss sometimes, but I did nail that runny yolk!

View attachment 20554

That looks lovely - I like the combination. I'm a great fan of sprinkling chilli flakes on fried or poached eggs. You should have taken a photo of the the egg 'bleed' too! :happy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom