What did you cook, eat or drink today (November 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The flakey types are used in low budget movie productions as snow flakes.

:cold:

Italian sausage with mushrooms and onions in a tomato sauce over cheesy polenta.
2018-11-14 18.39.51.jpg

We had about 10 cucumbers given today (and we already had a few). My wife suggested "Stir Fried Cucumber with Egg" (แตงกวาผัดไข). I've not come across this before but we'll give it a try. We still have a glut of eggs.

cucumber egg.jpg

At this time of the year, goats don't give milk, so Lucy's switched to making cheese with milk from a local dairy farmer.

This is a cow's cheese with smoked paprika (or possibly smoked turmeric - no-one's really sure).

As you can see, she's been playing with her moulds again...

Cow's cheese 2A.jpg

We had about 10 cucumbers given today (and we already had a few). My wife suggested "Stir Fried Cucumber with Egg" (แตงกวาผัดไข). I've not come across this before but we'll give it a try. We still have a glut of eggs.

View attachment 20565

I've cooked cucumber quite a few times - in chunks as the photo shows and I suppose I could say 'stir fried' but really its fried in a pan until slightly golden. I much prefer it to courgettes (zucchini). But I've never tried it with egg.

Last edited:
IMG_0896a.jpg

Goat Madras last night, using up the last of a batch of Madras paste that my wife had made last week. The taste was great, but the goat, even after cooking for five hours was as tough as boots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom