What did you cook, eat or drink today (November 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first attempt by cooking this dish from Abruzzo called Pallotte cacio e ova.
It is a mixture made with eggs, pecorino cheese (a lot) and stale bread, then fried and eventually drowned in tomato sauce. Not bad.
I do not dare to eat anything else after these
@medtran49 @CraigC do you know this recipe from Abruzzo?

Pallotte .jpg

Pallotte cacio e ove.jpg

Pallotte cacio e ova con sugo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is my first attempt by cooking this dish from Abruzzo called Pallotte cacio e ova.
It is a mixture made with eggs, pecorino cheese (a lot) and stale bread, then fried and eventually drowned in tomato sauce. Not bad.

View attachment 20288

View attachment 20289

View attachment 20290

They look like arancini, except with bread and cheese instead of rice.

View attachment 20288

View attachment 20289

View attachment 20290

I've never heard of these, but they look great. I'm sure there are many "local" dishes I've never heard of or eaten. I'm sure it originated as a "this is what I have on hand" way to use up ingredients. Recipe please!:thumbsup:

Wow, that looks good. Is that fresh bay leaf I see? Button or Crimini mushrooms?

I found the idea, but Craig cooked seared tuna with soy glaze, wasabi mashed potatoes, and ginger glazed carrots. He did a mighty fine job of cooking too!

View attachment 20303

How did the old boy get such a nice but oddly light looking sear on the tuna? It doesn't appear to have grill marks.

What else was in the glaze?

Recipes for the lot, while we're at it, please. :cook:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom