What did you cook, eat or drink today (November 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect its good if you like it - but I really don't like coconut cream in anything. I've come across mussels cooked with regular cream in restaurants but much prefer a straight wine sauce with onion, herbs & garlic as the basic sauce - with chilli added sometimes.

Cooking mussels is possibly one of the simplest things to cook! Believe me, anyone could do it.

Yeah it is, a few minutes in a wok. Yours sounds just like mine, without the coconut. I also add a pinch of Garam masala.

Russ

Caponata on toast, marinated roasted red bells and onions, arrancini, salami and capicola slices. Pound cake with toffee bits stirred into batter for dessert later.

2018-11-30 18.18.31.jpg

One from earlier in the week (so still November), venison burgers with sweet potato chips and coleslaw:
IMG_0925a.jpg

I was in the New Forest last week, and made a quick stop at a farmshop specifically to buy some venison burgers. They had sold out of burgers, but did have some venison mince that had been steeped in red wine, so I could make my own. They were delicious.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom