What did you cook, eat or drink today (November 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang I hate this "fall back", my internal alarm clock will take some time to adjust.:ninja:

The glaze was equal parts Tamari and sugar, low simmer to melt the sugar and a little longer to coat the back of a spoon. The tuna got a sprinkling of S&P then seared in a skillet with a small amount of peanut oil. Next time I might add some sesame oil. I'll have to wait until Karen gets up for the carrots, as the recipe is on her tablet. The potatoes were done as I would normally for mashed potatoes, 3 medium size Russets and I added 2 Tbsp of Wasabi paste. I'm definitely making those spuds again!:thumbsup:

Wasabi paste in mash :ohmy:. No no no no no no:headshake:

2018-11-04 19.16.49.jpg
I've seen wasabi in mash quite a few times, generally with fish cooked in some type of Asian style.

We had homemade pita with Greek meatballs and tzatziki. We were supposed to have some of the dolmades I had made previously and frozen, but Craig and I both forgot to take them out.

Last edited:
........and pigs in blankets.

I keep promising myself to cook those. Do you cook the sausages first then wrap the bacon around and put them in the oven? I'd be tempted to drizzle a little honey over them before the oven.

I keep promising myself to cook those. Do you cook the sausages first then wrap the bacon around and put them in the oven? I'd be tempted to drizzle a little honey over them before the oven.
No need to cook the sausages first, but you need to use streaky bacon otherwise it will unravel. Honey would work. I sometimes smear a little English mustard on the sausage before wrapping.

View attachment 20350
A very late Sunday lunch - roast chicken with sage and apricot stuffing, and pigs in blankets.

Pigs in blankets in the Southern United States are usually wrapped in some kind of pastry/bread dough rather than bacon. I sometimes use a piece of white bread smeared with mustard, then a piece of American cheese, with a cooked hot dog laid from bottom corner to top corner, opposite corners brought up and held together with toothpicks, brushed with melted butter and then toasted under broiler until the bread is nice and toasty and the cheese is melted for a quick lunch or a quickie don't feel like making dinner or getting take-out meal and we happen to have hot dogs in the house.

Our dinner last night was homemade chicken vegetable soup with crispy chicken skin crackling garnish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom